Wiimote Windows 10 BT drivers

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
MeteorFalling2
One Eyed Hopeful

Wiimote Windows 10 BT drivers

Post by MeteorFalling2 »

So, having been forced into using Windows 10, I discovered that the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack doesn't work with Bluetooth audio well. Now I have to use Windows Bt drivers instead, which do happen to work with wiimotes.

But, Windows Bt drivers don't work well with Freepie. I have been trying to connect my wiimote, but all I get is a shake. No data is actually read.

In another forum, a user posted a fix that involved replacing the Dolphiimote.dll file in the Freepie folder with a modified one. http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=22095 This file is not working for me as I am getting two errors: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' and 'The specified module could not be found.'

How can I view the Dolphiimote.dll file to see what is causing the problem? Looking at the source file for Freepie, it also has a Dolphimote.dll file that cannot be viewed as well.
Last edited by MeteorFalling2 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeteorFalling2
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Wiimote Windows 10 BT drivers

Post by MeteorFalling2 »

So, I need to make an update. Freepie can see and read data from the older wiimotes.(no built-in MotionPlus)

Until the problem is fixed, I recommend people to use the older wiimotes with Windows 10. Just make sure to add wiimote[0].enable(WiimoteCapabilities.Extension|WiimoteCapabilities.MotionPlus) in the 'if starting: area.'

Update: Connecting the older wiimotes is a pain in the ass when trying to use both motionplus and nunchuk. Freepie doesn't always read the data. Actually it works maybe the first time, then if you shut off the script, it won't work anymore. I hate Windows 10.
Last edited by MeteorFalling2 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MeteorFalling2
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MeteorFalling2 »

Okay, found a newer version of the Toshiba Bt stack. It is version 9, instead of the the 8 that Toshiba has in the download list. To download it, go here: http://www.mytoshiba.com.au/file/downlo ... 36200a.exe
Also, I would back-up this file in case Toshiba removes this link, like they did with the old version 9 location.

This version of Toshiba stack fixed my audio crackling problem; it also works with Freepie. However, the older wiimote still has problems connecting to Freepie when using both nunchuk and motionplus attachment. This issue probably has something to do with the code of Freepie and how it handles older wiimotes.

Also, unlike Windows driver, I can use my bt headset alongside my wiimote while working with Freepie. No crackling/disconnecting audio; just like in Windows 7.

Conclusion:

Windows 10 bt drivers has a nice interface, but performs sub-par.
Version 9 of Toshiba Bt stack is number 1.
I wish I could code.
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

Hi MeteorFalling2,

The new FreePIE 1.10.666 has a few wiimote improvements including an updated Dolphiimote.dll. I tested two Zelda wiimotes with win10 bt and the data was accessible. Unfortunately, like you said, the pairing was a pain and they don't reconnect. I would highly recommend a Dolphin Bar if you use the wiimotes regularly (unless the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack v9 is good enough for you).
MeteorFalling2
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MeteorFalling2 »

I was considering buying a dolphin bar until I learned about its incompatibility with Dolphin's new pass-through feature. Luckily version 9 of Toshiba Stack is working perfectly for me, so I don't have to worry about it for the time being.

I have a fake vr setup that I use with games like eso and cs go. To make this setup more immersive, I use a bt headset alongside the wiimote. Since the dolphin bar is unable to connect other devices, and my standard 2.1 bt dongle is working perfectly, I don't see any real reason to replace it.

Return to “FreePIE”