FreePIE and TWO wiimotes with M+ (bug?)

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
uneasy
One Eyed Hopeful

FreePIE and TWO wiimotes with M+ (bug?)

Post by uneasy »

Looks like there are random glitches in FreePIE when two wiimotes with Motion Plus integrated are connected. FreePIE log shows random errors - "MotionPlus not available", "Extension not available - could not read id". If I add diagnostics.watch commands to the script, I see that yaw, pitch and roll on one of the wiimotes do not work, yet acceleration and button_down produce results. And this wiimote is not defective, cause if I switch them, same thing happens to the other one (both work perfectly if only one is connected). It doesn't matter if wiimotes are connected via bluetooth dongle or DolphinBar - same glitch. I also tried running FreePIE on another computer, with the same results. And looks like I'm not the only one with this problem, check this video (at 1:12):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkkpdSatG4

The author of the video says he managed to get both wiimotes working after running his script multiple times, but I tried 30 times, and got nothing.

BTW, I don't know if it's relevant but my Wii Remotes Plus are RVL-CNT-01, not RVL-CNT-01-TR.
uneasy
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: FreePIE and TWO wiimotes with M+ (bug?)

Post by uneasy »

The bug is fixed in FreePIE 1.10.666. If you receive the message "The program can't start because MSVCP140D.dll is missing from your computer" use the dll from this post.

Return to “FreePIE”