I used the Hydra protocol in Freepie with Wii Motion Plus

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
kerm64
One Eyed Hopeful

I used the Hydra protocol in Freepie with Wii Motion Plus

Post by kerm64 »

Title says it all. I made a whole video about it as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkkpdSatG4&t=316s

My biggest problems are deciding which sensors to use and how to use them. I'm currently doing simple 3d trig (if you can call trig simple) to recreate a position in 3d using only the orientation of the Wii remotes (Wii motion plus ONLY). I hope this helps someone. It's been a lot of fun for me and I'm still working to make it perfect.
Luxlumen
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: I used the Hydra protocol in Freepie with Wii Motion Plu

Post by Luxlumen »

Hi Kerm64, I watched your video, you made it all look straightforward enough, great video. I followed all your steps but when I ran steamvr riftcat started up but I only had the "hmd" and "base" indicators with no controllers shown ? I looked at the other xbox freepie script out there and tried it's sixense dll's but the steamvr server crashed :-( I had hmd, contollers and base station showing just before it crashed on me. Am I missing something? Steamvr is not seeing input from controllers at some stage. Any chance of some pointers as to where to start looking for the problem. Thanking You... Lux 8-)

Return to “FreePIE”