1 point freetrack and dinput controller as light gun

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
fatboynate2
One Eyed Hopeful

1 point freetrack and dinput controller as light gun

Post by fatboynate2 »

I am new here so firstly id like to say thank you to everyone who helped with that xbox controller vive emu script its awesome, i had a friend who changed it to use one controller for each hand using 3 point led tracking for depth so the sticks were free.

thats what led < ;) me to trying to make my own light gun but im having a few issues and not knowing how to use freepie scripting yet i thought id ask you geniuses for help.

so i want a light gun to use with mame and other games that use limited controls. so basically im trying to use a 1 point freetrack with a red led and dinput controller as light gun. what im having trouble with is getting the mouse tracking smooth enough to cover a 1080p area while using the dinput button 3 to fire and dinput button 2 to reload and using right stick as x/y axis instead of zx and zy so i can move around while aiming.

i figured using freepie i could see if its possible to make a script that would solve these issues.

ive attached some images of the led/contoller setup. once i have it working client side i intend to clean up the actual controller to make it look decent.

ps. im also using my dk2 camera using the standard "usb video device" driver in windows 7(manually selected) so i can use it with other programs like open track and free track. for those who who are interested the ir lense can be pulled off to track normal leds from a distance of around 7 feet as long as u set the threshold correctly as using normal leds with the lens on makes the distance very short.

thanks for all help and advice in advance. im looking forward to learning here.

-nate
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FreePIE”