Most weird behavior...

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
andreaspada
One Eyed Hopeful

Most weird behavior...

Post by andreaspada »

Hi everyone!

After spending some days fiddling around my needs, I'm stuck in find a way to simulate an analog Axis from keyboard. When I say simulate, I mean something a game could understand is an analog axis and map it correctly.

So far, so good. Nothing strange or spectacular, however I can't find any proper documentation which help in figure out where to start with.

Finally, defeated, I searched the internet and found UCR (Universal Control Remapper) and alxo x360ce.
I installed UCR, and found that it could indeed properly initialize a virtual analog axis which can be binded to a key and recognized by my game.
I did not found any use for x360ce so I removed it...

However, of course, I cannot program the output of UCR in FreePIE, as the second say me that the controller is already owned by another feeder, so I'm again at the starting point. Have a virtual analog axis mapped to a keyboard which I cannot program, to me is useless.

But, the weird behavior is not that. I noticed that, after I installed UCR and x360ce, my joystick[0] device (which was my Logitech G13) is now joystick[2], and there are two other joystick devices ([0[ and [1]) which are mapped this way:

joystick[0] is now receving x and y axis from my mouse, although my mouse it is currently mapped by FreePIE to vJoy[1] (is displays the mouse value before the sensitivity adjustment, so it seems mapped before FreePIE.

joystick[1] is now receiving some values from the vJoy[2] x and y axis... they are smaller too: when vJoy[2].x has a value of 2000, joystick[1].x is 123...

What the hell???? How this is possible???? Does anybody knows whats is happened and why??? Can I revert it without fully re-install my system?????

I already removed UCR and x360ce to test, but even after a reboot, nothing changes...

Many thanks!

P.S. I discovered, using InstalledDriversList by nirsoft, that I also have PPJoyBus and PPortJoystick installed...

Return to “FreePIE”