(Freepie) Wiimote --> PSVR controller --> Vive controller

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
ReckerV8V
One Eyed Hopeful

(Freepie) Wiimote --> PSVR controller --> Vive controller

Post by ReckerV8V »

Hei
I plan to make a controller to play Steamvr games with Wiimote that emulates PSVR controllers with PSmove service. I am new to Freepie and i want to emulate(script) the Wiimote to PSVR so i can use it with PS move-service. Link for PS move Service: https://github.com/cboulay/PSMoveServic ... alpha8.1.0
I will do a DIY LED pingpong or glowing orb on the Wiimote so that two PS3 eye camera will track the two Wiimote.
So i want help to script Wiimote buttons to PSVR controllers and to seperate them so that both controllers have their own functions, because i don't want one button to be working on both controllers while playing. I have completed to make a headset to play in SteamVR, It's made with a smartphone and trinusVR. But i still need two controllers with the things i plan to do.

The things I bought for the project:
2x ps3 camera,
Bluetooth 4.0 usb dongle
2x Wiimote
2x Pingpong ball (for the glowing orb)
10x Blue LEDs (for the glowing orb)
4x coin batteries (for the glowing orb)
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Re: (Freepie) Wiimote --> PSVR controller --> Vive controlle

Post by zelmon64 »

Hi ReckerV8V,

This is quite an interesting idea but it will require some serious coding (much more than just a FreePIE script). I'm guessing you want to use wiimotes instead of simply using PSMove controllers because they are now more expensive?

For your hardware (assuming the software gets sorted) you're going to need a different colour LED for the second ping pong ball and you'll probably want to get one or two more PSEye cameras.
ReckerV8V
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ReckerV8V »

i got the blue and red led lights installed in the ping pong balls on the Wiimotes,
(lets say I got 4 PS eye)
Is it possible to make this project?
Is it possible to make the script?
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

ReckerV8V wrote:i got the blue and red led lights installed in the ping pong balls on the Wiimotes,
(lets say I got 4 PS eye)
Is it possible to make this project?
Is it possible to make the script?
Hi ReckerV8V,

Possible? Yes - definitely!

Is someone working on making it? Not that I know of right now. It would probably be easier / better for the wiimotes to be added as a new controller input to PSMS rather than add the output to FreePIE to emulate the PSMove controller buttons (since a new controller input will have to added to track the ping pong balls anyway).
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

Hi ReckerV8V,

Good news. Thanks to the brilliant work of HipsterSloth, PSMoveService now has the capability of tracking any illuminated ball! What's more, it can be paired with any XInput compatible controller for the buttons. This means that depending on how you connect your wiimotes to the computer they can either be accessed directly by PSMoveService or be fed through FreePie and XOutputPlugin. It's currently in a fixed orientation because XInput doesn't do orientation sensors but it should be usable.

Return to “FreePIE”