GlovePie Lag

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
MeteorFalling2
One Eyed Hopeful

GlovePie Lag

Post by MeteorFalling2 »

I have been trying to port my GlovePIE script to FreePIE only to find out that the most basic functionality doesn't work well: Wiimote M+ mouse tracking.

Because of this, I have spend days trying to fix this one issue. I have been on Python IRC chat channels requesting help with this specific problem with no luck. I have also been all over the internet searching for a solution, and it seems like no one has a real working script for M+ mouse emulation in FreePIE. GlovePIE is the only software I have found that actually does mouse emulation well.

However, GlovePIE is not without its faults either. Specifically, I have been trying to play ESO but GlovePIE lags like no other. Under heavy load, my cursor movement behaves like molasses and then springs back to the current position. It does this all with no real heavy burden on my PC. My physical mouse shows no lag whatsoever, and my FPS remains between 60 and 100.

Looking at Task Manager, my CPU usage remains under 50% while playing the game. My Ram usage peaks at 5GB out of 12. However, when I read the number values on GlovePIE I can see that they will pause when I experience this in-game mouse lag. It seems GlovePIE for whatever reason slows down despite having very little RAM usage, and low CPU usage. I tried to set the affinity as the priority, and nothing has an effect on it.

Since I cannot really use FreePIE because of the large jumps in y-axis, and GlovePIE is my only solution, does anyone out there know if I can remove this lag caused by GlovePIE?

Return to “FreePIE”