Wii Les Paul Guitar Controller with FreePIE

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
ptoil
One Eyed Hopeful

Wii Les Paul Guitar Controller with FreePIE

Post by ptoil »

I want to use my Wii Les Paul guitar controller with Guitar Hero 3 on my PC. I have gotten the following code to work in the game perfectly as a test but now I need to know what to do for guitar input since WiimoteButtons don't work with the guitar.

Code: Select all

def update():
	keyboard.setKey(Key.V, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.DPadUp)) #Green
	keyboard.setKey(Key.C, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.DPadDown)) #Red
	keyboard.setKey(Key.X, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.A)) #Yellow
	keyboard.setKey(Key.Z, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.One)) #Blue
	keyboard.setKey(Key.A, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.Two)) #Orange
	keyboard.setKey(Key.UpArrow, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.Plus)) #Strum(up)

if starting:
    wiimote[0].buttons.update += update
Now I just need to know how to get input from the guitar instead of just the wiimote and be able to use the whammy bar and pitch of the wiimote for star power(have the spacebar pressed when the pitch above a number). There is GlovePIE code here.
Sighmir
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Wii Les Paul Guitar Controller with FreePIE

Post by Sighmir »

I am also very interested in this, did you manage to get the Guitar working with your PC any other way ? It seems like freePIE is the way to go, but it doesn't support the guitar as an extension.
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Re: Wii Les Paul Guitar Controller with FreePIE

Post by zelmon64 »

The guitar controllers are now supported in 1.10.666.

Return to “FreePIE”