It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Wii Les Paul Guitar Controller with FreePIE 
One Eyed Hopeful

I want to use my Wii Les Paul guitar controller with Guitar Hero 3 on my PC. I have gotten the following code to work in the game perfectly as a test but now I need to know what to do for guitar input since WiimoteButtons don't work with the guitar.
Code:
def update():
   keyboard.setKey(Key.V, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.DPadUp)) #Green
   keyboard.setKey(Key.C, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.DPadDown)) #Red
   keyboard.setKey(Key.X, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.A)) #Yellow
   keyboard.setKey(Key.Z, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.One)) #Blue
   keyboard.setKey(Key.A, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.Two)) #Orange
   keyboard.setKey(Key.UpArrow, wiimote[0].buttons.button_down(WiimoteButtons.Plus)) #Strum(up)

if starting:
    wiimote[0].buttons.update += update

Now I just need to know how to get input from the guitar instead of just the wiimote and be able to use the whammy bar and pitch of the wiimote for star power(have the spacebar pressed when the pitch above a number). There is GlovePIE code here.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:28 pm
One Eyed Hopeful

I am also very interested in this, did you manage to get the Guitar working with your PC any other way ? It seems like freePIE is the way to go, but it doesn't support the guitar as an extension.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]