Two wiimote plus for SteamVR games like VRChat?

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
NukeBird
One Eyed Hopeful

Two wiimote plus for SteamVR games like VRChat?

Post by NukeBird »

Is everything will work fine?

How to get it work?

Sorry if my questions are so silly :(

I'm trying to find out cheap trackers, because I can't now buy HTC Vive or Oculus Rift
Without motion tracking i can't pet or hug my friends in VRChat, and it's really sad

And another question: can I make custom hand trackers using Arduino and MPU9250? How to emulate Razer Hydra with arduino nano?

I hope someone can help me... You will help me very much
NukeBird
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Two wiimote plus for SteamVR games like VRChat?

Post by NukeBird »

After a night of reflection I finally able to concretize my question:
1. Can I read data from serial port?
2. Can I make virtual device "Razer Hydra" and change its values as I want?
linkoid
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by linkoid »

To answer your question simply, yes, you can do all of those things, but better yet, someone already has! It is a bit difficult to set up and the script isn't perfect though.
A video tutorial is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkkpdSatG4
I know he made a thread here somewhere about it too, but I can't seem to find it.
I'm also making my own script to interpret and translate the movement as well (that I think is better), so if you want, I can send it to you and you can let me know if there are any bugs. You'd still have to do everything in Team Assist's tutorial to use my script as well however.
NukeBird
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NukeBird »

linkoid wrote:To answer your question simply, yes, you can do all of those things, but better yet, someone already has! It is a bit difficult to set up and the script isn't perfect though.
I know he made a thread here somewhere about it too, but I can't seem to find it.
I'm also making my own script to interpret and translate the movement as well (that I think is better), so if you want, I can send it to you and you can let me know if there are any bugs. You'd still have to do everything in Team Assist's tutorial to use my script as well however.
Thanks for the link!

Yeah, I can test your script. Thank you x2 :3
But I can test it only after 20-30 days, because I will order the controllers from China soon

If it possible... Can you test wiimote plus in VRChat? (it is free game)
I'm really worried that something will go wrong
linkoid
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by linkoid »

Already have, it's playable, but things that are more active like the laser discs are... finicky. I'm not sure it's worth importing Wii remotes from china, and you also would need a headset already, or something else to simulate a headset, such as rift-cat which Team Assist suggests in his video, which is also what I use.
NukeBird
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NukeBird »

linkoid wrote:Already have, it's playable, but things that are more active like the laser discs are... finicky. I'm not sure it's worth importing Wii remotes from china, and you also would need a headset already, or something else to simulate a headset, such as rift-cat which Team Assist suggests in his video, which is also what I use.
But why? I don't think that I can find the cheapest alternative...

Btw, how do you move your character in-game? Are razer hydra's keys fully mapped?
linkoid
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by linkoid »

In my script they are mapped to the all hydra buttons that are mapped to htc vive buttons (because the hydra controllers have more buttons than the htc vive) but the hydra has more buttons than the wiimote, so that makes things difficult. Havent run into any games that use hydra buttons and not vive buttons (not sure about Occulus touch though)
linkoid
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by linkoid »

In my script they are mapped to the all hydra buttons that are mapped to htc vive buttons (because the hydra controllers have more buttons than the htc vive) but the hydra has more buttons than the wiimote, so that makes things difficult. Havent run into any games that use hydra buttons and not vive buttons (not sure about Occulus touch though)
RAJ-rios
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RAJ-rios »

linkoid wrote:To answer your question simply, yes, you can do all of those things, but better yet, someone already has! It is a bit difficult to set up and the script isn't perfect though.
Would you mind sending your script my way? I'm working on a similar project and if you have some ideas for better scripting I'd love to have a look.

Return to “FreePIE”