Razer hydra emulation

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
n8rockerasu
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Razer hydra emulation

Post by n8rockerasu »

Hipstersloth posted this earlier today:
hipstersloth908 4 points 15 hours ago

So just to be completely clear: THIS IS NOT DONE YET. But as promised we make the github repo public so people could check out the work in progress: https://github.com/cboulay/PSMoveService. I just got the camera pose estimation tool working again and the position tracking running in the config tool: https://youtu.be/FFJqLH_dkRw. There is a bunch of work left to do yet before I'll have a release ready. I'm hoping to have a functional version of the steamvr plugin ready by the end of this weekend if all goes well (no promises though). When that happens there will be a larger post about the service.
Mindweaver
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mindweaver »

This works with the PS Eye, correct? Thanks!
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

Mindweaver wrote:This works with the PS Eye, correct? Thanks!
Correct :)
Mindweaver
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mindweaver »

zelmon64 wrote:
Awesome! This is very exciting. I like my Leap motion, but I could throw it out the window at times.. This should be a huge upgrade over it. Has anyone had any luck using the leap motion as a positional tracker? Thanks!

EDIT: I meant to add: or will it be possible with the PS Eye and Move to get positional tracking?
QBZ
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by QBZ »

Mindweaver wrote:
zelmon64 wrote:
Awesome! This is very exciting. I like my Leap motion, but I could throw it out the window at times.. This should be a huge upgrade over it. Has anyone had any luck using the leap motion as a positional tracker? Thanks!

EDIT: I meant to add: or will it be possible with the PS Eye and Move to get positional tracking?
RiftCat app allows to Run Vive games on Cardboard and it have FreeTrack to get positional tracking and phone to have rotational. It is still in development but I will use it with my DreamZ cardboard.
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

Mindweaver wrote:
zelmon64 wrote:

The IMU inside the PSMove is used for orientation and the image from the PSEye is used for the positional tracking. PSMoveService is almost up and running and can use multiple PSEyes for better positional tracking. Hopefully in the future the imu will be fused with the positional tracking to improve it's performance when the PSEye is occluded.

As QBZ said, RiftCat Vridge can use the positional information from the PSMove (or anything else in FreePIE) for the head tracking.
QBZ
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by QBZ »

I have no idea where I can write it so I do it here.
As using PS Move as HTC vive controllers we can use buttons. For me it look similar. On image is how I see that. I really don't know where to put this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mindweaver
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mindweaver »

@zelmon64 and @QBZ thanks guys! I'm still using my DK1. I have a Freefly, but I prefer my dk1 over it for comfort. I have my Leapmotion attached to the front. So, I should be able to use the leap motion with Freepie to get position tracking? Thanks!
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

Mindweaver wrote:@zelmon64 and @QBZ thanks guys! I'm still using my DK1. I have a Freefly, but I prefer my dk1 over it for comfort. I have my Leapmotion attached to the front. So, I should be able to use the leap motion with Freepie to get position tracking? Thanks!
Do you mean positional tracking for you hands, head or PSMove? If you mean for the PSMove, while that may technically be possible it is not currently. Thinking about it, depending on how good the filter is on the Leapmotion it may not be able to differentiate colours and so it wouldn't be possible.
Mindweaver
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mindweaver »

zelmon64 wrote:
Mindweaver wrote:@zelmon64 and @QBZ thanks guys! I'm still using my DK1. I have a Freefly, but I prefer my dk1 over it for comfort. I have my Leapmotion attached to the front. So, I should be able to use the leap motion with Freepie to get position tracking? Thanks!
Do you mean positional tracking for you hands, head or PSMove? If you mean for the PSMove, while that may technically be possible it is not currently. Thinking about it, depending on how good the filter is on the Leapmotion it may not be able to differentiate colours and so it wouldn't be possible.
Aww yea, I've been thinking about it all wrong. I need to think about the controllers as being positional tracked along with the move controllers. I want to add positional tracking to my DK1(head). I wonder if I added leds across the front of my DK1 like the PSVR and use the PS Eye to do the tracking?
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

Mindweaver wrote: Aww yea, I've been thinking about it all wrong. I need to think about the controllers as being positional tracked along with the move controllers. I want to add positional tracking to my DK1(head). I wonder if I added leds across the front of my DK1 like the PSVR and use the PS Eye to do the tracking?
It all depends on what software you're using. I think a lot of syms can use OpenTrack for head orientation and position. That would require a webcam (like the PSEye with the CL-Eye driver) and either an ArUco marker or IR LEDs (for use with an IR capable webcam like the PSEye with the IR filer removed). You could use a third PSMove stuck to your head and export the tracking as FreeTrack via FreePIE (I tried it with VRidge but it didn't quite work).

I don't know how the DK1 can be used with SteamVR or if it's possible (I assume it probably is).
Mindweaver
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Mindweaver »

zelmon64 wrote:
Mindweaver wrote: Aww yea, I've been thinking about it all wrong. I need to think about the controllers as being positional tracked along with the move controllers. I want to add positional tracking to my DK1(head). I wonder if I added leds across the front of my DK1 like the PSVR and use the PS Eye to do the tracking?
It all depends on what software you're using. I think a lot of syms can use OpenTrack for head orientation and position. That would require a webcam (like the PSEye with the CL-Eye driver) and either an ArUco marker or IR LEDs (for use with an IR capable webcam like the PSEye with the IR filer removed). You could use a third PSMove stuck to your head and export the tracking as FreeTrack via FreePIE (I tried it with VRidge but it didn't quite work).

I don't know how the DK1 can be used with SteamVR or if it's possible (I assume it probably is).
Yea, that's what I was thinking. I probably won't mess around with that, because I hope to have a new hmd with positional track in next few months. Everything in SteamVR works with Oculus runtime 0.8. I've been using my leap motion with cbuchner1's Leap Motion driver for SteamVR for Vive Controllers. It works "ok" for just getting through menu stuff, but really lacks in button functionality. I ordered my PS eye and it should be here tomorrow. I plan to pick up my motion controllers from our local GameStop.
QBZ
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by QBZ »

I want to make FreePIE script for Witcher 3 and use PS Move as Wii Remote without turning on PS Eye or light bulbs. Also if there is way to read directly from accelerometer this would help a lot. But i don't know is I'm as that stupid or it cannot be done. Also may I use wrong FreePIE Version. As far as i know there is PSMove branch on github but i don't know how to use it. (I'm preatty much n00b in this case) For now I using version found on Hydra Emulation tutorial by gladiusz on external site. Exactly this addons: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1 ... file%2czip
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

QBZ wrote:I want to make FreePIE script for Witcher 3 and use PS Move as Wii Remote without turning on PS Eye or light bulbs. Also if there is way to read directly from accelerometer this would help a lot. But i don't know is I'm as that stupid or it cannot be done. Also may I use wrong FreePIE Version. As far as i know there is PSMove branch on github but i don't know how to use it. (I'm preatty much n00b in this case) For now I using version found on Hydra Emulation tutorial by gladiusz on external site. Exactly this addons: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1 ... file%2czip
I believe when using the MoveFramework version the orbs would not light up if there was no PSEye connected but still receive data from the PSMoves. Unfortunately this does not appear to be the case with the current (PSMoveAPI) version. To use the PSMoveAPI version the syntax is psmove[0].accel.x for the x direction and similar for the y and z.

I think the current version in the github PSMove branch is an older PSMoveAPI version. This post should contain the latest plugin.
n8rockerasu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by n8rockerasu »

After a long vacation, I've finally had a chance to take a better look at hipstersloth's PSMoveService. It seems to function pretty well other than the controllers jittering. I've had a little trouble doing the tracker pose calibration. I hold my DK2/Move together and barely move them, and all of a sudden it says it's done. But then, where it shows the Move isn't as close to the DK2 as it should be. Could just be I don't know what I'm doing yet. Hopefully he keeps improving it though. I was pretty impressed to even see actual Move controller representations in SteamVR itself.
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

n8rockerasu wrote:After a long vacation, I've finally had a chance to take a better look at hipstersloth's PSMoveService. It seems to function pretty well other than the controllers jittering. I've had a little trouble doing the tracker pose calibration. I hold my DK2/Move together and barely move them, and all of a sudden it says it's done. But then, where it shows the Move isn't as close to the DK2 as it should be. Could just be I don't know what I'm doing yet. Hopefully he keeps improving it though. I was pretty impressed to even see actual Move controller representations in SteamVR itself.
Welcome back :) !

Are you only using one PSEye? Using at least two should improve the jittering but you have to find a usb port combination that works.

Have you tried the calibration mat? Some people had co-registration problems in this issue which seemed to improve by using the mat or just repeating it a few times.

The stunning 3D models are thanks to InfinateXtremer.
n8rockerasu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by n8rockerasu »

zelmon64 wrote: Welcome back :) !

Are you only using one PSEye? Using at least two should improve the jittering but you have to find a usb port combination that works.

Have you tried the calibration mat? Some people had co-registration problems in this issue which seemed to improve by using the mat or just repeating it a few times.

The stunning 3D models are thanks to InfinateXtremer.
Thanks! I'm using 2 PSEyes. I've got one directly in front of me, and the other almost directly behind me. They both show up fine in the "test camera" exe and the tracker testing. I haven't tried the calibration mat yet.

I'll take a closer look at things and hopefully figure it out.

EDIT - Nevermind. I get how the calibration mat works now. You lay it flat. I'm printing it now. Hopefully, I can just put it down on the floor nad get a good view from both cameras. This is what happens when I don't read thoroughly, lol. :P
cabmilk
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cabmilk »

Hello Again so what is the latest with this it was a really hot topic there for a couple days then slowed down lol.

I have working with my Kinect v2 and moves for arma 3 but it's still a little jitter for head tracking (trying riftcat and freetrack as well) :? it smoothly moves around but it's doing this fast snaping 180 every half second. Surprising the Kinect is not giving me the issues lol.
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

I've been asked whether replacing the sixense.dll files can result in a VAC ban specifically in regards to DOTA 2. Does anyone have any information on this or has used this or any other VAC game with the FreePIE Hydra emulation?

I found a bit here that seems to indicate controller modification is okay but nothing concrete.

Thanks for the help =)
Vollkorn01
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vollkorn01 »

Hello guys,
thanks for your contribution to FreePie, it already helped me several times!
I have been wondering if it's possible to send commands to existing vive controllers. E.g. if I press the keyboard up button, the touchpad of a vive controller gets triggered?

I opened a new thread about it : http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=22354

I really appreciate any hints :)
Jazneo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jazneo »

i just want the vive button setup. what stuff do i need delete the emualtion rotation i going use my Leap motion to track my hands
konstantin_lozev
Cross Eyed!

Post by konstantin_lozev »

@zelmon64

I have an issue with my script that emulates hydra input from a gamepad. All used to work before I installed Rift CV1+Touch. Now the script works in the Hydra demo scene, but not in SteamVR, where only a couple of buttons work. I guess it is a conflict with the Touch drivers. Do you know how to resolve it?
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

konstantin_lozev wrote:@zelmon64

I have an issue with my script that emulates hydra input from a gamepad. All used to work before I installed Rift CV1+Touch. Now the script works in the Hydra demo scene, but not in SteamVR, where only a couple of buttons work. I guess it is a conflict with the Touch drivers. Do you know how to resolve it?
I don't have a CV1+Touch so I have never installed the software for them so the following is only speculation. I'm not sure why you still want to emulate the Hydra if you have Touch controllers but here are some ideas.

The list of drivers registered with SteamVR are stored in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\openvr\openvrpaths.vrpath". It can be edited to specify which device you want to use. Make a backup then delete any entries for oculus in that file. Hopefully that will resolve the conflict.

The drivers themselves are typically stored in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\drivers". You could try moving any oculus drivers somewhere else to temporarily disable them.

Lastly it's possible that the native Steam mapping for your controllers could be conflicting. To remove the mapping see: https://www.howtogeek.com/234427/how-to ... ontroller/ .
kerm64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kerm64 »

I used the Hydra protocols in Freepie to emulate a Razer Hydra with a Wii remote! I know a lot of people have asked that (including me), so I went ahead and did it. Here go. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJkkpdSatG4
o1113199
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by o1113199 »

Hello, could someone please help with Sixense protocol works? I did a test project and it works with "sixense_simple3d" (SDK test app), but it does not work on SteamVR (replaced sixence libraries), it seems I'm doing something wrong.

https://pastebin.com/hei1LmjP
NukeBird
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NukeBird »

Code: Select all

if starting:
	hydra[0].pitch = 0
	hydra[0].yaw = 0
	hydra[0].roll = 0
	hydra[0].x = 0
	hydra[0].y = 0
	hydra[0].z = 0

hydra[1].pitch = 0
	hydra[1].yaw = 0
	hydra[1].roll = 0
	hydra[1].x = 0
	hydra[1].y = 0
	hydra[1].z = 0

if keyboard.getKeyDown(Key.LeftArrow):
	hydra[1].yaw -= 10

if keyboard.getKeyDown(Key.RightArrow):
	hydra[1].yaw += 10 

hydra[0].joybutton = keyboard.getPressed(Key.Space)
"Point each hydra at the base and press any button" + I don't see any controllers. Pressing space won't help

sixense.dll and sixense_x64.dll from freepie (_fake ones) are injected to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sixense SDK\SixenseSDK\bin\win32\release_dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sixense SDK\SixenseSDK\bin\x64\release_dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR Driver for Razer Hydra\hydra\bin in x32 and x64 folder

SteamVR, SteamVR Driver for Razer Hydra, Sixense SDK for Razer Hydra are installed

Also by time FreePIE crashed without any errors
NukeBird
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NukeBird »

Code: Select all

if(keyboard.getKeyDown(Key.Space)):
	hydra[0].start = True
	hydra[1].start = True
else:
	hydra[0].start = False
	hydra[1].start = False
"Point each hydra at the base and press any button" disappears

but I still can't see virtual controllers
NukeBird
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NukeBird »

I modify z position and now i can see them :)

Btw, why FreePIE sometimes close itself?
g-coded
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by g-coded »

NukeBird wrote:I modify z position and now i can see them :)

Btw, why FreePIE sometimes close itself?
Hey NukeBird, what are you using to emulate the hydras? I was trying to do this with xbox 360 controllers and can't get it to work. All guides I've seen are at least 6mos old, and I'm thinking with the recent xbox controllers showing up in steamvr the button inputs are going directly to steam(or I'm doing something completely wrong). Seeing as you've emulated the hydras recently makes me hope it's an error on my side, but that depends on what you are using, and if you're using it for steamvr.
vrenthousiast
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vrenthousiast »

Sorry for the necro, but I used this thread to mess with a script to use my mouse + keyboard to emulate the Vive Controllers through the Hydra drivers. It worked and is finished. You can find the freepie script here: https://mega.nz/#!h4Q33aYQ!lzY9Wf0_wW6v ... Uyw2kOVXF0 (and also as an attachment to this post)

And a reddit thread which I created with the explanation and controls here: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... ated_vive/

Enjoy!

Btw, does anyone here know how to make SteamVR IGNORE my Oculus Go controller when using RiftCat/Vridge? I have to manually unlink my controller from my Oculus GO to avoid messing with the Razer Hydra drivers which is kind of a pain in the ass...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marcob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by marcob »

I am trying to use the razer hydra emulation but when i copy the sixense_fake.dll and sixense_fakex64.dll into the steamvr folder and i rename them, then my steamvr crashes.

Do you have any idea why?

Is this method still working ?

Return to “FreePIE”