Absolute Mouse Position

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
Ryukra
One Eyed Hopeful

Absolute Mouse Position

Post by Ryukra »

I'm trying to get the Hydra to act like a lightgun and want to put the mouse cursor where the hydra is facing on the screen, but with freepie I can just set the deltax/y.
I'm didn't read into python and its librarys, but it seems that I can't find a easy solution to do that.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: Absolute Mouse Position

Post by WiredEarp »

You could easily use Hydra in mouse mode to APPROXIMATE this. However, since there is no calibration between the Hydra and your screen distance, the chance that the Hydra would exactly line up with the cursor, and stay there if you moved around, forwards/backwards, etc, is pretty non existent.

Do you really need the Hydra to 'point' at the cursor, or do you just want absolute mouse control by moving the Hydra around within a box sized area?
Ryukra
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ryukra »

I want to calculate the intersectingpoint from the pointingdirection of the hydra with the screen.
I have the screendimensions and the position relative to the base station.

I-x--------I Screen
....\
.....\ O Base
......\
.......\\ Hydra
zalo
Certif-Eyed!

Post by zalo »

Huh, you can do absolute mouse position in Java with the awt.robot library...But I don't know if you can get FreePIE to interface like that.
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

I looked at the mousePlugin recently on freePIE. It is not possible to get/set the absolute position of the mouse. Currently the DLL (user32.dll) call can only send mouse movements not positions. What may be possible is to work out everything in your python script and then devise the mouse movement needed to get to that point.

You will need to keep a running X.Y point and compare that to an extrapolated X/Y point of your hydra. Then devise the movement and pass that to your mouse.

I.e
Previous XY was (100,100)
extrapolated new position should be (110,92)
send values of
deltaY = -8
deltaX = 10

Theoretically this should work. You would have to figure out the range you want in terms of Hydra movement and of course this would differ dependant on distance to the screen ratio to base station etc however you could build these in as initial variables.

Good luck
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

When I get time i can fix so that we also support

Code: Select all

MOUSEEVENTF_ABSOLUTE = 0x8000;
HarvesteR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HarvesteR »

Sorry ot necro, but it is relevant.

This works in FreePIE, stock:

Code: Select all

import ctypes

if(mouse.getPressed(0)):
	ctypes.windll.user32.SetCursorPos(100, 20)

Now, that example is possibly the most annoying thing ever written, so change your logic as needed. :)

Cheers

Return to “FreePIE”