FreePIE needs an active dev!

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

FreePIE needs an active dev!

Post by CyberVillain »

Hey guys. FreePIE needs a dev that can actively review pull requests, code review, etc, etc. Release new binaries to the public etc.
This person need to undertand how FreePIE works, MVVM, DI, etc, I can give support in this to some extent.

Let me know if you are interested!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: FreePIE needs an active dev!

Post by cybereality »

Don't think I can offer my help, but good luck.
MarijnS95
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MarijnS95 »

What a coincidence that you posted this right when I randomly checked back, I haven't visited here in about half a year :|.

I have to decline though. Besides not being familiar enough with FreePIE and MVVM, I don't have the time nor the hardware to review PR's and improve the code in general.

All my ideas regarding FFB are still open, though I have not gotten to buying an FFB wheel yet (hardly enough time for regular stuff means no time at all for games). And I feel bad for forgetting about it when someone finally found the issue.

I'll try to keep an eye out here though, if you can't find anyone I might be able to help on the parts that I do understand. And once I have more time to play games and get a proper wheel, you'll probably see me back to update and finish the FFB project.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Its sad if FreePIE dies just becasue I dont have time. The software is still very modern in its design to it should be possible for it to survive several more years
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

CyberVillain wrote:Its sad if FreePIE dies
I'd like to help FreePIE live a bit longer if I can.

I'm fairly good with GitHub now and reasonably familiar with FreePIE. I believe I would be able to actively review pull requests, code review, etc and release new binaries to the public etc. I'm not so familiar with MVVM, DI, etc but I think I should be able to muddle through.

I have a reasonable amount of free time at the moment and I am trying to contribute to this type of project where I can.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Hey Zelmon, saw your comment on github and actually thought about asking you. You can ask me anything when it comes to the code. I'll add you right away, and you can start have a look at the pull requests. One of the biggest challenges of pull request is verify they have been tested with the target hardware, since most of the time you dont have access to the hardware yourself.
Jabberwock
Cross Eyed!

Post by Jabberwock »

Big thanks to Zelmon! I wish I could help, unfortunately, my programming skills are lacking...
MarijnS95
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MarijnS95 »

Awesome Zelmon! Indeed, it would be a shame to see this project die, when it's so fresh and extensible. Python is completely awesome :D

Thanks to FreePIE, I learned a lot about DI (and all the other stuff), so feel free to notify (@) me when you need assistance. I'll just make some time for this project ;)

Now onto figuring out why I'm not receiving email notifications from this forum...
FrenchyKiel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by FrenchyKiel »

Hi i have added lot of funtions inside freepie

adapted new dll like vjoy and so on
completely rewrite the say or said module to include grammar files etc....

i have new source but dont know how to include in Github

i am looking for that
zelmon64
Cross Eyed!

Post by zelmon64 »

Thank you Jabberwock and MarijnS95 for your support!

MarijnS95 there's no doubt that I'll need your assistance at some point. Did you manage to find out why the email notifications aren't working?
FrenchyKiel wrote:Hi i have added lot of funtions inside freepie

adapted new dll like vjoy and so on
completely rewrite the say or said module to include grammar files etc....

i have new source but dont know how to include in Github

i am looking for that
Hi FrenchyKiel, when you made your modifications did you first fork the FreePIE repository or did you just download it as a zip file? If you forked it you can commit your changes, push them to your fork then make a pull request. On the other hand, if you downloaded it as a zip file, you will first need to fork the repository and make a local clone on your machine then copy your modified files onto it.
MarijnS95
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MarijnS95 »

zelmon64 wrote: MarijnS95 there's no doubt that I'll need your assistance at some point. Did you manage to find out why the email notifications aren't working?
Well I checked the entire "user control panel", but no sign of a "send me an email when someone replies to a topic that I'm subscribed to" option :(

Anyway, you can always @ me on github, or assign me ;). I'll try to keep an eye on this forum as well.

Edit: Just now that I post this reply, I see "Notify me when a reply is posted" in the options below the post field - can't remember that being there, and it's checked by default. We'll see...
FrenchyKiel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by FrenchyKiel »

Hi,
so i have created a new github for newFriepie from Anders 's project (lot of changes from the initial project and very difficult to fork)

https://github.com/Frenchy62620/NewFreepie (visual studio 2015)

principal changes:
plugin keyboard, joystick, mouse, vjoy, speech

new plugins:
var, warthog (to pilot leds of thrustmaster Throttle), beep, DCS (for game)

the possiblity to create batch file (see script file on wiki)

i have included portable version of FreePie (Portable.FreePie.zip) and the associated last version of Vjoy

and the wiki associated (yet not finished)

https://github.com/Frenchy62620/NewFreepie/wiki

so i am writing the wiki.....

i could help in programmation if necessary (not expert like Anders!!)

Return to “FreePIE”