Need help

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Need help

Post by CyberVillain »

As you guys have noticed the freepie releases are few these days. And we have plugins that need attention.

I just quit my job and started my own firm and my girlfriend is expecting our second child in Oct/Nov.

I really need help if FreePIE shall remain updated, what needs urgent attention is the c++ side of the code base, the wiimote plugin needs ir support and the trackir plugin needs to work with encoded titles etc

So of you know or know someone that knows C please apply here :D
NeoTokyo_Nori
Cross Eyed!

Re: Need help

Post by NeoTokyo_Nori »

Congrats on your new company and family :) No wonder you have been busy :!:

I wish I could be of more help but C/C++/C# is like theoretical physics to me most of the time.
But I do have to wonder, if it is worth working on wiimote plugin ir support, trackir plugins at this point in time?, because once vive lighthouse is released this year, and constellation next year,
they will be the hot widgets to support by far.

Valve has stated that they want to make the lighthouse tech available to use by others,
and I am interested in making it work with a gun to get absolute position tracking,
instead of the IMU relative position tracking. I wonder how much work it will take?

Anyway, I am still trying to get FP to work with COD-AW for now,
and looking for some hints here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1568 ... -emulation

:roll:
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

FreePIE should support as much hardware as possible so that we can bridge any gap between hardware and software. So we cant look to the future to see whats on the horizion we still need to support current or last generation hardware / drivers / API's
konstantin_lozev
Cross Eyed!

Post by konstantin_lozev »

Congratulations, CyberVillain! Unfortunately, C++ is not in my focus of developing now, but maybe in 1-2 years...
HarvesteR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by HarvesteR »

Congrats man! I can imagine that things must be pretty insane over there. :)

I can definitely try to help on the C# side, but I'm afraid free time is a rare and precious commodity here too...
In any case, I've already got the FP repo and project set up here, so I can help with little bits here and there whenever I get a chance.

Best of luck with everything you have going for you! :)

Cheers
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

Thanks guys! C#-knowledge is also welcomed. When it comes to core logic always talk with me before start coding because I try to keep a tight design in the core logic both in backend and frontend
NeoTokyo_Nori
Cross Eyed!

Post by NeoTokyo_Nori »

No promises to deliver, but I will try to look at the Wii IR code, when I find time.
Do you want to continue discussions here, or on github?

Cheers
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Post by CyberVillain »

There is a wii mote thread here that we can use

Return to “FreePIE”