G.I Joe Retaliation 3D Blu-ray

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

G.I Joe Retaliation 3D Blu-ray

Post by museumsteve »

I'm not a big fan of comic books and action toy related stuff but that's not always a bad thing because when I sit down to watch a movie I tend not to worry about how correct it is or if it follows the historical path of the characters or any related storyline. This is why I loved GI Joe Retaliation :) I had no real misgivings about the last movie or anything related to it. I didn't really know much about the characters but that helped because the story actually seemed pretty weak anyway.
As a 3D Blu-ray in the home, it's a stonking disc. The picture was super crisp and the thumping 7.1 True HD soundtrack didn't let up from the very beginning. Every speaker seemed to be active throughout but dialogue was nicely anchored to the screen..just where you want it.
The picture quality was stunning, as you'd expect..and the 3D was better than I'd hoped for after reading a few mediocre reviews elsewhere.
There were a few shots where I saw some crosstalk, something I rarely see on my Optoma HD33 as crosstalk seems to be almost non existent on DLP projectors, but it didn't really spoil the experience.
By the end of it I'm really glad I watched it..and I'll watch it again.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”