Jack the Giant Slayer - 3D Blu-ray

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Jack the Giant Slayer - 3D Blu-ray

Post by museumsteve »

I'd seen this in the cinema earlier this year and really enjoyed it. My only gripe at the time was the picture seemed a little dull and almost washed out at times. I hoped this would be fixed for the Blu-ray release ;)

I sat down and watched this last night and enjoyed it just as much second time round. It's a great fun movie, almost straight into the action and then just a stonking bone-crunching action fairy tale.

The sound on the Blu-ray is a phenomenal DTS-HD MA 5.1 track which had my twin subs and seat bass shakers (Earthquake mini quakes) jumping for joy throughout. Everything from the storm, the beans growing and of course the giants stomping around, the bass rarely settled from start to finish and that just meant I watched most of the movie with a smile on my face :D
The soundtrack is wonderfully full, bright and breezy. It's all very well having a solid bass track but it needs balance to fill the gaps and this soundtrack sings. Dialogue is nice and crisp, ambient sound fills the surround channels constantly and the bass anchors the lot together. This would be a great audio demo disc :)

The picture is fantastic. It'll never be a 3D demo disc, mainly because the 3D isn't a constant factor throughout the whole movie, but what is there is more than competent and the picture is just about spotless. I've only watched it in 3D so far and naturally imagine the 2D pic to probably be a bit brighter, but I was very pleased to find that the 3D picture was much better than I'd seen at the cinema so I was never going to be disappointed.

Definitely one for my collection :)

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”