IMAX - Deep Sea - 3D Blu-ray

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

IMAX - Deep Sea - 3D Blu-ray

Post by museumsteve »

Everyone loves a bit of nature and the Imax discs are generally stunning on blu-ray and even better in 3D.
I picked up Deep Sea last week and sat down with the girlfriend to watch it.
Within minutes we were standing near the screen trying to touch things, it was incredible. It is one of the first movies at home where I felt the urge to reach out and grab things between me and the screen all the time.
Watching on an Optoma HD33 on 100" screen filled the room with all manner of sea life..I was stunned.
The fact that this is just like any other nature disc is pretty true, after all it is video of animals in their natural environment with an okay narration by Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet , but marveling at the outstanding picture quality these people manage to get underwater makes your jaw drop - and then they make it 3D and the jaw drops even further :woot

Without question this shot to the top of my demo discs :)

NB: I only mention the projector and screen size because if I were watching it on a 40" 3D TV it would sound silly that I spent the runtime standing in front of it trying to watch things ;) I only watch 3D at home on the projector.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: IMAX - Deep Sea - 3D Blu-ray

Post by Chiefwinston »

I watched this in a real nice IMAX theater a few years ago. It is a spectacular 3D show. Vast amounts of out of screen effects. I like your coment about reaching out and touching stuff. When I seen my presentation, a person stood up during the show. And from were I was sitting it looked like that person was inside the movie. It was trippy looking. This is a documentary and another very well made one. I'm shopping for the 3D blu-ray. I just haven't found one yet for the cash I'm willing to part with at the moment.

Chief's score card:
Story: 10 (Documentary)
Acting: 10
Music and Sound: 10
3D: 9.25/9.50 (great out of screen effects)

Final Score: 9.75

Amazing. If you get a chance- see it. I will restate though I did see it in a true IMAX theater

Peace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Re: IMAX - Deep Sea - 3D Blu-ray

Post by Dilip »

Chiefwinston wrote:I watched this in a real nice IMAX theater a few years ago. It is a spectacular 3D show. Vast amounts of out of screen effects. I like your coment about reaching out and touching stuff. When I seen my presentation, a person stood up during the show. And from were I was sitting it looked like that person was inside the movie. It was trippy looking. This is a documentary and another very well made one. I'm shopping for the 3D blu-ray. I just haven't found one yet for the cash I'm willing to part with at the moment.

Chief's score card:
3D: 9.25/9.50 (great out of screen effects)

Final Score: 9.75

Amazing. If you get a chance- see it. I will restate though I did see it in a true IMAX theater

Peace
Same here. watched in IMAX theatre with family and really LOVED IT.
Specifically IMAX screen size and audio is simply NOTHING LIKE ANYTING!

3D: 10/10 (IT was AWESOME!)

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”