World War Z-3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

World War Z-3D

Post by Chiefwinston »

We'll start with a disclosure: I do not like Zombie movies.
So how was the show Chief? Well it has Zombies running around, they try to bite everyone. If you get bit you'll then start biting others, and then they try to bite more people. And pretty soon the whole world is trying to bite living people. And well the only way to save your self when being attacked is to shoot the biters in the head....ect...ect. Usually these movies are a gore fest. This one is toned down a bit in the gore department. So don't expect a George Romero type slaughter show. So how's the 3D Chief? What 3D. I took the glasses off to check that I was in the right theater for the 3D showing. There is very minimal seperation of the images. This is a conversion. And a very poor one at that. DO NOT bother with the 3D showing.

Chief's score card:
Story: 7.5
Acting: 8.0
Special effects: 8.0
3D: 4.0/4.5 (Very poor)

Final Score: 6.5
Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chiefwinston on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: World War Z-3D

Post by cybereality »

I saw this yesterday. I went to the 2D showing, only because the show time was more convenient.

But I figured the 3D would suck, so I am not surprised. Glad I went for the 2D. (Ha!!!)

The movie itself I did like though. I love zombie movies, and I've seen better, but it was alright.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Funny you say that ChiefWinston, I saw it tonight and thought the 3D was pretty good really. Sure its not used for effect and is probably just a conversion, but I saw quite a strong 3d effect. Maybe i've just lowered my expectations, nothing I've seen in the last 20 years has compared to 'Treasure of the Four Crowns' in your face 3D. Filmmakers just seem to have no idea how to use 3D as a medium properly, and to have chickened out of providing strong 3D.

The movie I thought was average. Had some good stuff but was full of holes and logical impossibilities. Kept my attention though.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

cybereality wrote:The movie itself I did like though. I love zombie movies, and I've seen better, but it was alright.
Although I have not seen it yet, I did read the book not all that long ago. That may have spoiled it for me (not only being a plot spoiler, but movies made from books tend to take an axe to the plot in horrible ways to make it a less-than-sixteen-hour movie). The only movie I saw that faithfully followed the book was Tom Clancy's "Hunt for Red October", with was very accurate, and then suddenly ended with a different (and incorrect) plot twist about one-third of the way into the book. That movie needs a new "cliff-hanger" ending and a couple of sequels to finish the story told in the book.

Even so, I plan to see this movie at some point. I like zombie movies too. There is actually evidence that a zombie apocolypse is far from impossible (at least behavior-wise), based on studies done on animal diseases. And there are documented cases of humans who just refuse to die, and keep on fighting, even with bullets in the brain and heart. Pure animalistic killing machines. So yeah, zombie movies are awesome!

And even with a crappy plot, a movie like this is worth watching just for the awesome CGI effects (unless they packed all the good scenes into the movie trailers), IMHO. But then, I attended computer animation festivals and bought all the VHS tapes too, back in the day, so YMMV. And of course, I love 3D in any form, so when I had time, I went to every 3D movie I could find, so I will watch the 3D version as soon as I get a chance. And I like Brangelina movies too.
;)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I used to go see every single 3D movie in the theater, but I got turned off with all the crappy conversions.

Would just wait for the 3D Blu-Ray, since I have a home theater setup, but they want arms and legs for those discs (I've seen has high as $50, which I'm not paying for a movie).
museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by museumsteve »

We went to see this on the weekend and could only go to the 3D viewing due to the time we wanted. It was very poor, almost pointless in 3D.
The movie was fun for the most part but a very shabby and tacked on last third made it a pretty numb experience for me.
I'll probably pick it up on blu-ray as there's talk of possibly a different/alternate ending.
henrycook
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by henrycook »

Your project is outstanding and attractive for not the random audience for me too because I also work as a professional Video Animation Services provider but really enjoyed this. If it is a possibility to produce these services together so I am available.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”