Jurassic Park 3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Jurassic Park 3D

Post by museumsteve »

Being in the UK we have to wait for this (like most things) so I've just ordered the blu-ray because I really cannot wait for this.
Reviews of the 3D conversion seem pretty positive. Hopefully I'll find out myself in a couple of weeks :)
IGN have a review up - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/04/06/j ... -3d-review
museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Jurassic Park 3D

Post by museumsteve »

Got my copy from DVDWorldusa today and just finished watching it and it's a corker. Up there with Titanic as one of the best conversion in my opinion. Personally I was disappointed with Top Gun and i,Robot but this has hit the mark.
The remixed 7.1 soundtrack is absolutely thumping and the picture oozes depth at most opportunities. There are plenty of darker scenes where the 3D gets lost a bit but it doesn't spoil the overall experience at all.
I watch on an HD33.

There's no UK date for this but it's listed as Reg A,B,C anyway.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

I seen it on a IMAX 3D showing. This is a 3D conversion. The 3D conversion adds a lot to the enjoyment of the updated 2013 Jurassic Park 3D. A very, very good conversion and shows off what advances have been made in this tech. I already own the Blu-ray trilogy.And I will be adding the 3D blu-ray to the collection.

Chief's score card:
Story: 9.25
Acting: 8.5
Special effects: 9.0
Music and Sound: 10
3D: 8.50/8.75

Final Score: 9.75

Yes please convert the entire trilogy. But do it as well as this first one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I watched this movie on Blu-ray 3d. The thing is with all these "new" old releases in 3d and such is that everyones kids that were born in the last few years get to see all the Hollywood magic fresh and new with discovery. So i think that's were the most positive thing about the re-release of old films is good.

This movie was very good for me in 3d I guess although I have to get past that I've seen this film so many times. The 3d is on the brink of when watching its like your there. The CG or animatronix look pretty good too, just almost seems like on the screen its real. What i noticed was that the long camera shots stood out the most for me, I assume the studios have their honest approach to 3d settings for their films. :woot

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”