G.I. Joe: Retaliation 3D w/DBOX

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

G.I. Joe: Retaliation 3D w/DBOX

Post by Chiefwinston »

I had mixed feelings about paying to see G.I. Joe: Retaliation. I watched G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra back in '09. And I was not impressed at all. I walked away from the first G.I. Joe movie thinking it might be the biggest big budget dud I have ever seen. But that was then and G.I. Joe: Retaliation 3D w/DBOX seating is now. The 3D is converted 3D. But it is converted quite well. I spotted only one noticable flaw with the 3D in a 3-4 second clip near the end of the movie. The 3D did add to my enjoyment of the film and made it more immersive. DBOX seating is the moving, vibrating, thumping and swaying seat's. The 3D and the DBOX seats are a good combo for this film. This film is non-stop action from the beginning to end. It has gun fire and explosions everywhere. The sound has little booms, big booms, with rat-a-tat-tat and all that. The movement of the seats are synchronized perfectly with the sounds and the visuals. Over all I thought 75% of the movie was really quite mediocre and was heading full steam toward being a dud like the first one. However, there is a 20 minute section that was really amazing and blew me away. And completely changed my over all opinion of the film. This movie will appeal mainly to a male audience. The plot and character development are really quite weak. So don't expect something like Gone With the Wind or Citizen Kane. I can actually see alot of people thinking this is one big smelly piece of dunge. But my score is just my 2 cents ($.02 USD). Oooh and this movie has Dwayne Johnson a.k.a. "the Rock" in it. I actually enjoy his presence and humor in this film.

Chief's score card:
Story: 6.0
Special Effects: 9.5
Music: 7.5
3D: 6.75-7.00
Kids/Adult Movie: Yes, but barely
DBOX seating: 7.5

A suprising Final Score: 8.25
"The Force" is strong with 3D and DBOX seating.

I'm a poet and I didn't even know it.
I can make a rhyme anytime!.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”