The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey -3D Blu-ray

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey -3D Blu-ray

Post by Chiefwinston »

See my first review here http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=16064. The 3D blu-ray is a far better experience. I did watch this in Full HD 3D and it looked amazing........wow amazing. This movie comes on 2 discs. Its the first time I've come across a movie that requires (2) 3D blu-ray discs. This 3D blu-ray set comes with my highest recommendation. It is a must own 3D blu-ray. The 3D does look great and is for the most part native 3D.

Chief's score card:
Story: 9.5
Acting: 9.5
Special effects: 9.5
Music and Sound: 10
3D: 8.5/8.75

Final Score: 9.0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey -3D Blu-ray

Post by museumsteve »

Got my 3D copy in the post this weekend so plan to watch this tonight.
I have Optoma HD33 just for 3D movies so hoping this will impress and stay as part of my collection. I completely missed it at the cinema..
xhonzi
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by xhonzi »

Titanic 3D is also on 2 discs.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I watched this movie and made coconut shrimp for a snack, pop corn too, lol. I thought this movie was pretty good for a story of wizard stuff. The story didn't make me feel dumb about watching it and the 3d was good if i can remember correctly. I think i remember saying out loud that the rainy shots of the movie looked pretty neato in 3d. I'm glad i waited for the Blu-ray 3d release and not watch it in 2d.
android78
Certif-Eyable!

Post by android78 »

I must have watched a different movie when I thought I was seeing The Hobbit, because there is no way The Hobbit I saw would get anywhere near a Final Score: 9.0. Apart from my issues with all of the props and everything looking super fake, the adaption of the story really bored me somewhat during the movie. Maybe a 7 from me.
I guess the fake-ness will be helped somewhat with the smaller screen version, but don't see how the story adaption can be helped.
Thank you for the review though, good to hear that it looks good.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”