Life of Pi 3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Life of Pi 3D

Post by Dom »

Another 3d movie, Life of Pi. I had seen this movie in the theaters when it was brand new. I thought it was a remarkable job for a film and story. The blu-ray copy I bought today and watched and liked the cut fades they used; and was totally not that skip cutting shaky camera zoom stuff you see in most movies. I found the director scanned their camera a bit to fast in some parts, which leaves me with motion sickness.

The 3d effect from me watching on a dlp projector with dlp link glasses and powerdvd 12 was normal, even almost exactly like at the theater. I could not see the enhance of 3d even though powerdvd lets you change that. Overall I think the 3d adds more clarity and contrast and I like that first before volume 3d. Only if I could experience jaw dropping 3d all over again in everything 3d.

-----* I wonder if there is some 3d perfume cologne out, maybe it would help see in 3d better. :cry:

latch an O minus the x and y and patch-luss the zyz,d :/
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Life of Pi 3D

Post by Chiefwinston »

Chief's score card:
Story: 9.0
Acting: 8.0
Special effects: 8.5
Music and Sound: 8.0
3D: 7.75/8.0

Final Score: 8.5

cheers
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
museumsteve
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by museumsteve »

I gave this a second chance this week.

I missed it at the cinema but after the rave reviews it was getting, especially with regards to the 3D, I picked it up on US blu-ray when it was released (I'm in the UK).
I watched it, enjoyed it okay and thought the 3D was great..and that was it. I was a bit disappointed though and struggled to understand the rave reviews. I also failed to understand the cover review text saying it was the 'new Avatar for 3D movies' (or something similar), so I ended up selling it on...

...this week, I decided to buy the UK 3D blu-ray and give it a second shot and I'm really glad I did.
I definitely enjoyed it more second time out. I think my main issue first time was because the trailers made it out to be this magical adventure filled with 3D spectacles but it really wasn't. Second viewing meant I knew what to expect and with regard to the story so I spent more time enjoying the stunning picture and more than capable 3D...although I still wouldn't put it in the same 3D league as Avatar :)

Anyway, it's now a keeper in my collection :)
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

This is one of those deep deep movies that you need to watch and pay close attention too. I dont like to give spoilers. So don't look further if you intend to view the show.

The tiger is GOD.

At least thats what I made of it. An incredibly well written movie, with deep philosophical meaning. Its revealed near the end of the movie. God comes to Pi through the tiger---deep, like I said

peace
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
xhonzi
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by xhonzi »

SPOILERS

Probably not the best site for this discussion, but I can't not comment.

The Tiger was his survival instincts. He didn't like some of the actions he took to survive, so he pretended it was something outside of him that did them. His decision to believe in something untrue was something he did because it helped him cope with an uncopable reality. He then compares that to God. He believes in God though he "knows" him to be false, because it makes him a happier/better person and helps him cope.

For the record, I believe in God. But I think the above is the message of the book/film.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Yes xhonzi, that is a valid interpretation. Its somewhat based on believing the second story told to the japanese insurance company. In any event I've read other peoples conclusions and they all are quite interesting. And they do deviate from yours and my take. but thats also, why the story is so good.

Peace
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
(34) Patents
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I must say since I read the news a bit, is that I found out the story for this film is based on real life and is not only just fiction but was super metaforically imposed from the life event somewhat.

One thing I must admit is that in the ocean, Dude was near some very smart creatures and was living with mother nature. Very true story.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”