The Avengers- 3D blu-ray

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

The Avengers- 3D blu-ray

Post by Chiefwinston »

Hmmm were to begin.

I'm using a high end VT25: and a high end Polk Audio sound system. In addition, I also use a PS3 3D blu-ray player. The screen size in my PS3 is set to 1000 inches. You do have to set this manually, and yes it does make a difference. I also, sit about 10 degrees off axis (Thats a little bit to the side rather than straight on).

As many of you know from 3D gaming. That as you increase the stereo seperation, you will reach a point that you will see the "miniturization effect". Some refer to it also as the "doll house effect". I'm seeing the "miniturization effect" on this 3D blu-ray. There is a diiference in the seperation when there's a close-up dialog scene. The 3D is there, but its not of the "miniturization effect" in those scenes.

I did see this in my local theater, and I did not see the "miniturization effect". I am seeing a huge difference with my home theater.

This movie and set comes with my highest recommendation. This is a must own 3D blu-ray.

Chief's score card:
Story: 9.5
Acting: 9.5
Special effects: 9.5
3D: 8.5/8.75

Final Score: 9.75

I'm still looking for my jaw. Its some where on the floor still. :woot
:shutter

Peace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: The Avengers- 3D blu-ray

Post by Likay »

One of the coolest scenes in history that literally floored me: "Loki: I'm a god you dull creature and i will not be bullied...." :woot
The Avengers is definitely one of the better "superhero theme" movies.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”