Prometheus and Avatar Blu-ray 3d

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Prometheus and Avatar Blu-ray 3d

Post by Dom »

Hey so if any of you did'nt know Avatar Limited Blu-ray 3d is out. I picked that and Prometheus up. 30 dollars for each in Canada here. I did watch an hour of Prometheus last night and what a good movie. I love the story and visual effects. In 3D its not to bad. Very clear in most parts and at the start of this movie when that Human guy is shown by the waterfall drinking that death soup, it was spectacular in 3d. My mom don't want to watch 3d movies with me anymore though, she just said it bothers her eyes now. I'm still convinced that the studios can make 3d with glasses better. Its not to bad and there are so many 3d movies now! :woot
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Prometheus and Avatar Blu-ray 3d

Post by cybereality »

Nice. I want to pick those up.
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

I watched the Prometheus 3D blue ray. This is the second time I've watched it. And I must say I really enjoyed the movie more the second time around. I now view it as one more great movie from Ridley Scott. The 3D is still on the weak side tho.

Chief's score card:
Story: 10
Acting: 9.5
Special effects: 10
3D: 7.5/7.75
Final Score: 9.50

cheers
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
xhonzi
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by xhonzi »

Not to be a negative nancy, but just to throw a dissenting opinion in there-

Prometheus was the most disappointing movie I saw in theatres this year.

You can find all of the issues I had with it listed variously over the web (I could do it here, but I won't (unless someone begs (or asks nicely))) but man what a wasted opportunity. How could someone behind so many awesome movies make a movie full of such jaw-dropping stupidity!?!?!

Alright, that is all.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

xhonzi
Totally agree!

Prometheus was full of PLOT HOLES & Multiple LOOSE STRINGS but from 3D point of view and story or logic aside good bluray that i will say as i seen bluray and found more better then theatre

Avatar bluray i seen standered edition and 3D is as good as theatre likley on par with IMAX version but yes you can't expect splendid of IMAX at home(How could you!!)

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”