Hotel Transylvania 3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Hotel Transylvania 3D

Post by Chiefwinston »

Saturday night at the movies was really fun this week. I took my kids to see this. Its hard to predict what will be called a clasic one day- but this has the right formula. We all loved the show and found it to be hillarious and very entertaining. So hows the 3D- Its good but not great. I'm not sure if this is a conversion or not. I'll let others figure that out.

Chief's score card:
Story: 10
Animation: 10
Music: 9.5
3D: 6.75/7.0
Kids/Adult Movie: Yes

Final Score: 9.75

This is a great family movie. I highly recommend it.

Cheers
Last edited by Chiefwinston on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Hotel Translvania 3D

Post by Fredz »

Real 3D.

From http://realorfake3d.com/ :
"Hotel Transylvania will feature Sandler as The Prince Of Darkness, who opens up a hotel for his monster chums – and partly to keep his inquisitive daughter away from the human world. As ever, the Sony Picture flick will be shot in 3D, to be released next year." http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... story.html
elric300
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Hotel Transylvania 3D

Post by elric300 »

The 3d comes and goes. I did the glasses off test a few times and while a few shots were nearly "flat", some, such as a ghostly table chase and some terrific scenes in castle corridors and dungeons, had great depth. Very little "pop", a sad trend in today's 3d movies. Brightness levels were excellent, but the venue I saw it, in Dolby 3d, had just managed to tweak their projectors to get 35% more light output. Needless to say, a major improvement.

The movie itself is a lot of fun, and goes together very well with classics such as MAD MONSTER PARTY.

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”