Using Nvidia software with DLP Link 3d glasses BenQ w600+

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
ceogar
One Eyed Hopeful

Using Nvidia software with DLP Link 3d glasses BenQ w600+

Post by ceogar »

Heya guys! I just bought a projector today ( BenQ w600+ ) and has been struggelning regarding my 3d decisions.

Iam mainly a gamer so that is where i would like my 3d focus to be, tho i have noticed my projector isent Nvidia 3d vision ready.

Been reading around on forums for a few hours now and really havent been able to find a answer to my questions.

Iam thinking of buying the BenQ dlp link glasses who does not requiere a usb IR transmitter. Then my question is, what settings can i change if i go with that?
I mean with Nvidia you can adjust alotd of depth and such in the control panel and also the 3d gaming profiles. But i cant even find basic info about the dlp link system.
How do i activate it? What games does support it? Can i adjust my depth there?

Or is there a way to enable Nvidia 3d vision with a BenQ w600?

Getting kinda frustrated because of lack of information from BenQ, havent been able to find any information regarding 3d really on their website.

Hope some of you know this better than me!

Regards Jacob!
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Using Nvidia software with DLP Link 3d glasses BenQ w600

Post by Fredz »

The BenQ W600 is classified as "untested" on the 3D Compatible Projectors list. You can also find this note on their page about this model :
Warning: The specifications page on the BenQ website lists "3D-Ready" but the online manual makes no mention of 3D-Ready. Is this model really 3D-Ready?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I found this:
The W600's "3D Mode" option is grayed out in the menu, and will only become available if the projector detects a 120Hz signal being sent to it. However, many devices, including both 3D-capable computers we have in our lab, will only send a 120Hz signal if the display is capable of displaying it. And the W600 does not report that it is capable of displaying such a signal until you turn on 3D Mode. But you cannot turn on 3D Mode until you send a 120Hz signal, so you loop back to step one.

If you can force your 3D source to output 120Hz, or somehow trick the W600 into enabling 3D mode, you can use 3D mode as intended. However, many people will find this system frustrating and difficult to use.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/benq_w6 ... review.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems like you may be able to get it to work. What you need to do is make sure that the Nvidia drivers do not detect your monitor. Then you can select Generic CRT mode. You can do this by pulling a pin on the VGA cord (please use an adapter/extension and not the real cord). You can find instructions here:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 299#p42299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nvidia may have blocked this on the most recent drivers, so you may have to look for an older version. And there is no guarantee it will work with your projector, but its worth a shot. Then you will be able to select the 3D Mode in the projector menu and any DLP Link glasses should work.

Also, you may want to have a look at the new IZ3D drivers. They have a 120Hz mode for 3D but I am not sure which projectors are supported (also, it may be for ATI only).
ceogar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceogar »

cybereality wrote:I found this:
The W600's "3D Mode" option is grayed out in the menu, and will only become available if the projector detects a 120Hz signal being sent to it. However, many devices, including both 3D-capable computers we have in our lab, will only send a 120Hz signal if the display is capable of displaying it. And the W600 does not report that it is capable of displaying such a signal until you turn on 3D Mode. But you cannot turn on 3D Mode until you send a 120Hz signal, so you loop back to step one.

If you can force your 3D source to output 120Hz, or somehow trick the W600 into enabling 3D mode, you can use 3D mode as intended. However, many people will find this system frustrating and difficult to use.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/benq_w6 ... review.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems like you may be able to get it to work. What you need to do is make sure that the Nvidia drivers do not detect your monitor. Then you can select Generic CRT mode. You can do this by pulling a pin on the VGA cord (please use an adapter/extension and not the real cord). You can find instructions here:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 299#p42299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nvidia may have blocked this on the most recent drivers, so you may have to look for an older version. And there is no guarantee it will work with your projector, but its worth a shot. Then you will be able to select the 3D Mode in the projector menu and any DLP Link glasses should work.

Also, you may want to have a look at the new IZ3D drivers. They have a 120Hz mode for 3D but I am not sure which projectors are supported (also, it may be for ATI only).

Now i have the BenQ w600+ and nopt the 600, not really sure what the difference is but im certain that this projector supports 120 hz.
Also is there no way to force it as a generic crt without the use of a vga cable? I only have hdmi :(

IZ3D seems to be a bit buggy and does not support SLI/CF and i have two graphics cards ( Nvidia )

Man i cannot understand why Nvidia is so strict about what monitors to support :(
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

ceogar wrote: Now i have the BenQ w600+ and nopt the 600, not really sure what the difference is but im certain that this projector supports 120 hz.
Also is there no way to force it as a generic crt without the use of a vga cable? I only have hdmi :(
For the trick to work it needs to be on a VGA cable I am pretty sure. Those are really cheap though, just check Amazon/eBay. I think I got a 10 foot cable for like $10. You should check if your projector can even support 120Hz. You can do this by setting a custom resolution in the Nvidia/ATI control panel or by using 3rd party tools like RivaTuner. Then you want to check that there is actually a 3D mode on your model. Use the remote and try going in the advanced options if you don't see anything for 3D. There should be an option there somewhere. Then see if it lets you choose it when you are in 120Hz mode. Keep in mind that you may have to lower the resolution to get into 120Hz mode, sometimes certain models do not support their max refresh rate and max resolution at the same time. Also, it may only be able to do this over VGA, so you will want to try with a VGA cable if you don't have luck on HDMI. Try to be careful with setting custom refresh rates and resolutions as it is possible to fry your hardware doing this. Proceed at your own risk.
ceogar wrote: IZ3D seems to be a bit buggy and does not support SLI/CF and i have two graphics cards ( Nvidia )
Yes, IZ3D does not support SLI/CF at the moment, but I do believe they have some beta support for it that might not be released yet (I haven't tried the latest driver yet so maybe its in there). The iz3D drivers 120Hz mode might also need an ATI card to work. The Nvidia 3D Vision drivers do support SLI though.
ceogar wrote: Man i cannot understand why Nvidia is so strict about what monitors to support :(
They are just trying to make money just like anyone else. Its annoying, but I can't exactly blame them for it.
ceogar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceogar »

Went out today and bought a Nvidia 3d vision pack and started testing out at home, none of my INF fixes seemed to be able to fool the Nvidia setup. Then i found a thread on some random forum where i guy had somehow overwriten his own INF and had a similar projector as me, that was CERTIFIED :p

So i just downloaded that one and reinstalled the driver and Woila i now own a Acer instead of a BenQ and after some quality time spent with the Nvidia drivers i managed to get it working :)
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Wow! Very cool man. I knew about the inf hacks, but I wasn't sure if it would work with your model. Good going.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Nice to know you were able to get it working. It would be nice from you to inform the guy who maintains the 3D projector list since it's one of the few web pages with such a list :
http://www.3dmovielist.com/projectors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Frixzon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Frixzon »

Hi, I bought the nvidia 3D vision kit and a Benq W600 projector that is not compatible with nvidia 3D Vision.

I have the projector in 3D mode and 720p with 120Hz over HDMI. The problem is that nvidia is blocking my projector from doing 3D vision setup, it says (3D Ready display not found).

Is it possible to fake the identity of the projector to think that it is compatible with 3D Vision?

I've been looking like crazy among forums and not found a clear answer or guide on how to but that others got it to work. I have read about EDIN and inf hacking but do not understand how I can fix it.

Are very grateful for answers!
ceogar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceogar »

Hey :) you just have to install it with a diffrent driver, this one

http://www.ceogar.com/random/Acer_H5360.inf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The installation will think it is a Acer_h5360 and it works perfectly!
Frixzon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Frixzon »

how du i use Acer_H5360.inf file? where do i put the file?

C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\260.99\Vista 64-bit\International\Display.Driver
here?

Thanks in advance! =D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

You have to choose that inf file as the driver for your projector. Right-click "My Computer" -> Properties -> Device Manager -> Monitors -> Your Projector. Then right click that and do Properties. You may have to hit "Uninstall" first. Then click "Update Driver", "Browse my Computer", "Search this driver location". Then give it the folder for that inf you downloaded. Should be able to choose it now, just hit OK for any warnings that pop-up.
Frixzon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Frixzon »

I put the file in a folder (driver/Acer_H5360.inf). Uninstalling the drivers (Generic PnP Monitor). Then I press update drivers, select the folder with the .inf file.

Windows Could not find driver software for you device! = (

If I try to install the drivers without uninstalling like before, it says

The best driver software for your device is already Installed
Generic PnP Monitor
skrubol
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by skrubol »

I think you have to choose something like 'manual install', 'Don't search. I will choose the driver...'
Frixzon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Frixzon »

haha YES!!! Thank you! =D

What i did was: select Browse my computer for driver software --> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer --> Press Have Disk ... --> Select .inf file.

Many thanks!
ceogar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceogar »

Glad it worked out :)
ceogar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ceogar »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA7wrU0iI5o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

made a little video about it =)

Return to “3D Projectors”