What does a 3D ready projector need to connect to a 3D blura

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: What does a 3D ready projector need to connect to a 3D b

Post by Dom »

It depends on what you want to use to playback your movies. An htpc or a hardware 3d blu-ray player. Using a computer will most likely be the best way but maybe the most expensive. The type of projector to look for with both input plugin types is "hdmi 1.4a" and "vga" or "dvi-d" branded 3d-ready with optional dlp link glasses going at "120hz" at native resolution. Now you can get projectors that have a native resoltion at somewhere like 800x600 BUT, I'd try and get something in 720p 120hz 3d ready. Acer has a good selection and also Optima, maybe even benQ.

If your going to only use vga as a stereo3d connection then you will have to use a computer htpc with blu-ray drive and stereo3d playback software and at least a quad core cpu or a compatable mvc codec hardware acceleration gfx card.

If you get a projector with hdmi 1.4a input, then you could connect a playstation3, standalone 3d blu-ray player and a computer using the framepacking format.

I think some projectors that have hdmi1.4a and vga input on the same projector, will allow you to use both connections for stereo.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Watch out. Most of those so-called "3D-Ready" projectors are bogus. These are mainly the 3D DLP type. They have major problems with software support and also with syncing with the glasses. You may or may not be able to even view 3D with your setup. The best thing to do is either buy a HDMI 1.4a compatible device, or get a Nvidia certified 3D projector. Other models probably will not work correctly with all software.
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

Would this be any good? I don't know if it only works exclusively with Optoma 3D projectors though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optoma-3D-XL-Pr ... =de_a_smtd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gae43
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Compatibility: The 3D-XL adapter is compatible with the following Optoma projectors: DW318, HD600X, HD67, EW531, EW533ST, EW536, EW610ST, EW775 , EX542i, EX610ST, EX762, EX779, EX785
The better option would be to buy the Optoma GT750E, which natively supports HDMI 1.4a. Or, if you can use Nvidia 3D Vision, go with the Acer H5360.

Return to “3D Projectors”