Casio Green Slim laser/LED hybrid DLP Projector

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Casio Green Slim laser/LED hybrid DLP Projector

Post by Dom »

Hi I was browsing my local best buy online store for printers and came across this projector. Seems like it is only a 85hz projector but seem it will still work with some workarounds in Stereo3d. Hope someone likes it, says the bulb last 20 thousand hours at 2500 lumens. Look here :

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/cas ... ectorxj-en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Casio Green Slim laser/LED hybrid DLP Projector

Post by ssiu »

Thanks. Samsung had their LED DLP rear projection HDTVs, but gave up on it. I've been wondering why no one does something similar for DLP front projectors. Now Casio please make a 720p 120Hz model (and then a 1080p model) :)
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Can someone tell if there is some kind of Polarisation out of the box? (like LCD Monitors)?

If not or even if ( xD ) this could be intresting for dual projection...
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Laser, led and dlp doesn't involve any polarization in projectors i think. it seems to me that the projector is a dlp where the lightsource is a led instead of a bulb.
However you can use lcd-projectors for dual projection as well. You only need to accept that the only angle available for it is 45/135° glasses + filters (even standard polarizers).
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Iit was my understanding that Lasers emit almost perfectly polarized light. However i do not know if the polarisation angle is constant or predictible. It should be but i'm not sure.

I have no idea about LEDs.

edit : i found confirmation about lasers. Most of them are strongly polarized however depending on how the laser is made it is possible to disturb the polarisation. http://www.rp-photonics.com/polarizatio ... ssion.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It may be good news, future DLP projectors with laser backlight emitting polarized light would be the ultimate solution for fast, quality and high brightness polarized dual-projector solutions.

by a very quick google search : current LEDs are not polarized, however some scientists in labs managed to make new LEDs that emit polarized light.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Lol! I've tried with my tiny laserpointer... The light from it wasn't polarized so i made an assumtion. :oops:
Now i wonder how that hybrid works.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

I've had a quick look at AVSforums.
Apparently the "lamp-lessness" of this projector also interests lots of people in the 2D projection world.
This one is a good 1st contender for this technology, however it's an entry level projector only, it's bashed for it's bad colours ("bad" from a home theatre point of view), the blue colour seems to be shifting for the firsts 200 hours of use then it stabilises, it's prone to rainbow effect and apparently is more noisy than most of it's equivalent lamp equipped counterparts.

I have found no info on it's polarized qualities but apparently it's not that attractive for a home projector.
A good first try though, it shows that powerful non lamp based backlights are possible and does not cost that much more money. I can't wait for Casio to license this projector light technology to other manufacturers who will improve it and produce higher quality products.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

so we better wait for the second or third gen of this projector types...

but they have future... I hate that common projection lamps...
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I did a little digging on this projector the other day too. This other forums site for projectors say that Casio is making this the "only" kind of projector they are going to use. So no more mercury bulbs. They said by the end of the year there is going to be high definition laser/LED hybrids and also for us here "Single 3D Ready laser/LED Hybrid Projectors" This seems like an awesome choice for consumers to spend $1500 or so on a projector for a 200 inch screen and have it last as long as a LCD television set 20,000 hours 833 days 24/7 or 6 hours a day watching @ 3,333 days or 9 years worth.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

Am I correct that it is not good to use normal bulb projectors in frequent short bursts (the bulb takes time to cool down; frequent on/off will shorten its life considerably), but no such problem with these laser and/or LED light source projectors? If yes that is a very attractive aspect (i.e. can use it whenever I wish, no need to "baby" the projectors).
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It is true. However the lifelength of projectorlamps are a bit random over all. It depends quite a lot on your common luck as well. Another aspect is that mercurybulbs (if running them when they're worned out) can end their lifecycle with a bang, thus destroying the projector as well. Usuall the bulbs loose a lot of light before this happens though. So yes: Another lightsource would suit well if it has enough high intensity for projectors.
kita32
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kita32 »

Laser projector compared with the traditional projection it, just not the same light source fills the laser projector using a three-color laser light source, the principle is almost the same LCD projector, but the light from the high-pressure mercury lamp replaced by three-color laser, the other local capital are the same.

http://www.espow.com/wholesale-entertai ... ctors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

wrong wrong wrong

http://www.cine4home.com/tests/3-tests/ ... f-uhp.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

I also have faith in the development of this kind of projector technology. I got to have a projector someday, but I don't like at all current bulb projectors.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

Nothin wrong with bulbs, screen is more important.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
crim3
Certif-Eyed!

Post by crim3 »

Yes, also screens. Too many things to take into account. That's why even rich people use to buy TV's instead of projectors.
Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W / Acer H5360 with Another Eye2000 shutters / nVIDIA GTX760
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by tritosine5G »

crim3 wrote:Yes, also screens. Too many things to take into account. That's why even rich people use to buy TV's instead of projectors.
nah , that must be only because of lowish wife acceptance factor. :lol:

Think of it as rather a DIY adventure.

I have a new silverscreen source, but the guy is busy as hell and now last time he was out of stock for 2 weeks....waiting.... But the price worths the wait. :mrgreen:

Return to “3D Projectors”