Projectora Advice

Share your experiences and learn about big-screen 3D gaming.
ThumbsUp
One Eyed Hopeful

Projectora Advice

Post by ThumbsUp »

Hi,

I’m a big fan of 3D movies. I saw Jaws 3D at the cinema when it first came out and even with the silly red and blue glasses and the questionable special effects I still loved it. So I was really pleased when 3D got a modern makeover. I thought Avatar was a brilliant and Gravity actually made me squirm in my seat it felt so realistic.

Anyway, I’ve got the permission from the lady in charge to upgrade my home movie projector and have been looking online at 3D movie projectors to buy - http://www.for-sale.com - Anyone got any first-hand experience? And can anyone tell me the difference between Full HD 3D and PC 3D Ready?

I’ve been looking at the Panasonic PT-AE8000 Projector:

Has anyone used this? Is it any good? The reviews seem positive but you can’t beat first hand experience from a home user.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by ThumbsUp on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Projectora Advice

Post by cybereality »

I don't know much about that model in particular, but the specs look good.

I have a 720P projector, nothing beats the big screen.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi, I don't have that projector but they're all the same to setup, only difference is the resolution and features.

I bought an Acer h5360 for Nvidia 3d vision to play games easily. Now I mostly use it on my ps3 since my gaming pc is used for Vr and is in my bedroom.

It looks like you just want to watch movies or play ps3, ps4 games in 3d right?

Most of the 3d projectors that said Full HD 3d was referring to full 1080p resolution for movies and not a signal from your pc like 1080p 120hz, so if you wanted to hook up a pc to this projector you most likely would need to use Tridef and select sidebyside output and set the projector to use that output.

For Blu-ray 3d you could use hdmi 1.4 2.0 framepacking and use a ps3 or standalone 3d Blu-ray player or even your computer. I use a ps3 and it works good.

pc 3d ready projectors do 3d but are usually only 1024x768 resolution and don't even support 720p nor 1080p, these are low budget projectos used in classrooms where the software is easily setup like using stereoscopic player and ripped movie files. You can easily rip blu-ray3d movies with DVDFAb software found online. I use DVDFAb and it works real good, you do need a Blu-ray drive in your computer too.

Did you take a look at the manual for this projector, Panasonic?: https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/projec ... anual.html

You will need glasses too, most projectors do not come with the glasses, I bought 3 pairs of dlp link glasses on ebay for 90 bucks so they're around 30 dollars each.

So all in all there is a lot to setup with 3d but its worth it in the long run and now with my setup I can run a Blu-ray 3d disc in about 5 minutes to turn everything on. 300 inch screen is so worth it!
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
nikitaray
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nikitaray »

ThumbsUp wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:11 am Hi,

I’m a big fan of 3D movies. I saw Jaws 3D at the cinema when it first came out and even with the silly red and blue glasses and the questionable special effects I still loved it. So I was really pleased when 3D got a modern makeover. I thought Avatar was a brilliant and Gravity actually made me squirm in my seat it felt so realistic.

Anyway, I’ve got the permission from the lady in charge to upgrade my home movie projector and have been looking online at 3D movie projectors to buy - http://www.for-sale.com - Anyone got any first-hand experience? And can anyone tell me the difference between Full HD 3D and PC 3D Ready?

I’ve been looking at the Panasonic PT-AE8000 Projector:

Has anyone used this? Is it any good? The reviews seem positive but you can’t beat first hand experience from a home user.

Thanks in advance for any help.
You can check the features of the Panasonic PT-AE8000 Projector:
-Native 1080p resolution
-2200 lumens of brightness
-2,000,000:1 contrast ratio
-Fujinon 1.6x zoom lens
-6-axis color management
-3D Ready
-Motion Picture Enhancer Pro

Please let me know if it was helpful to you.

Thanks

Return to “3D Projectors”