3D Fury + emitter + glasses = Garbage. beware!

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
crash27
One Eyed Hopeful

3D Fury + emitter + glasses = Garbage. beware!

Post by crash27 »

I finally received my glasses (6 months late) and well, I opened the box and took out the glasses to see there very poor construction. they twist with very little force. I do not think they would survive a 3 foot drop. They would not survive small children that is for sure! had to wipe off the fingerprints they came with and there is a small defect in the plastic around the lens. there is space between the frame and the lenses so if a drop of water hits them it will flow down into the workings of the glasses freely. The glasses you get free at a reald movie theater are way heavier and of a way higher quality than these 3D Fury glasses.
I have tried without success to get them to work ghost free on my 27 inch Asus nvidia 3d vision ready monitor. There is so much ghosting that I will never use them and seeing this is what I got them for they have instantly become garbage to me!
If you want to buy them from me p.m. me and you will get a deal for sure but even at half price they are still garbage!
I am in shock at the poor quality and they remind me of the kids birthday gift bag sun glasses you get in a package for 4 for 50 cents and I expect them to last about as long. They look as if a little pressure is put on the lenses they would pop right out of the frames very easily.
I could live with everything here except they don't even make good 3D on a 3D display so what good are they? I really can't say enough bad things about them!

Update : I used them with my optima hd66 720p@120hz projector and found they do not bypass 120hz@720p as advertised. They instead do a strange thing when you put them in 720p@120hz. They make what looks like an over under 3d image but with no 3d. Just two identical images stacked one on top of the other. This makes it impossible to use the glasses with nvidia 3d vision or any 120hz signal on this display. In side by side I could not get them to stop losing synchronization every 3 to 10 seconds just for a moment. So dlp-link glasses out perform them here. I feel quite swindled.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 3D Fury + emitter + glasses = Garbage. beware!

Post by cybereality »

Are those glassses even supposed to work with Nvidia displays? I look at the website and it seems like they are saying they work with Sony only (or any non-3D TV which is obviously BS). What made you buy them in the first place (no offense)?
crash27
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crash27 »

it says you can use optima and other dlp-link projectors and they say in the specs
"3Dfury Input/Output mode:
2D VIDEO MODE COMPATIBILITY:
NTSC 480i/p, PAL 576i/p, HDTV 720p/1080i/1080p
2D OUTPUT:
2D movies: 1080p24, 1080p48, 1080p72 (3Dfury can double and triple frame from 24hz material)
720p60, 720p120 (double frame from 720p60)
Passthrough any resolution

3D OUTPUT:
720p60, 720p72, 720p96, 720p120, 720p144 Frame Sequential
720p and/or 1080p for 60hz display
1080p60, 1080p72"

It does not passthrough 720p@120hz. That is why I bought it.

1080p@60hz is painfull.
720p side by side is to low detail for good 3D.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Sorry to hear about it Crash.
I saw some tiny controversial stuffs on their forums. Their action to users who ask for refunds (since the glasses were 6 months late etc...) were simply banning them (i think you also got booted, right?). Way to go! Can't imagine what other stuffs they also do then. :roll:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I think these guys should be right up there with e-dimensional and VRealities on the list of bogus-3D peddlers. Oh, and don't forget the TV Eyes 3D!
crash27
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crash27 »

cybereality wrote:I think these guys should be right up there with e-dimensional and VRealities on the list of bogus-3D peddlers. Oh, and don't forget the TV Eyes 3D!
Ya for $550.00 US plus duty I was expecting them to at least keep proper sync. I thought they would be great for what I wanted but sadly ....
Likay wrote:Sorry to hear about it Crash.
I saw some tiny controversial stuffs on their forums. Their action to users who ask for refunds (since the glasses were 6 months late etc...) were simply banning them (i think you also got booted, right?). Way to go! Can't imagine what other stuffs they also do then. :roll:
And yes I got banned for asking about blocking ambient light. They seem to think there is no reason to block it. They even went as far as to say I was stupid but I think if they ever had a chance to make the glasses work at 60hz they should have blocked as much light as possible. They said all the manufactures that advertise there glasses as blocking ambient light (which is like everybody that makes them save a few) are doing so as a marketing ploy and that there is no reason to do so. I guess there is no way to add glasses to an lcd even a 3d ready lcd. I even had the asus in 3d mode and still no joy. As I went through the presets I could get less ghosting in the middle of the screen all though it was not even close to as good as the nvidia glasses. There was more ghosting at the top and bottom. I found it strange this was happening with a 3d ready lcd in 3d mode but.........

Anyway one of my rants comes up if you Google 3d fury so I'm happy now! They should have been nicer. I was looking for good things to say about them but they are so rude and there product is crap. The 3d fury it self has what feels like the board inside knocking around and I am constantly having to reset it by removing the usb power or the output hdmi cable. Sometimes I have to disconnect it entirely or even reboot. This is annoying when it goes all funny in the middle of a game. Sometimes it goes all black for a few seconds and then comes back having dropped out of side by side mode. Maybe they will fix this stuff with software updates but right now the glasses have no real life use and the 3d fury itself only seem good for adding side by side to a dlp-link projector at 720p but it's not something I will use because it is only 720x640 per eye.

If you suggest that they are anything less than perfect on there forum they attack you or ban you and delete your posts.

The emitter won't fit in the edimensional dongle without an extension if one exists. If you know of one please let me know.
crash27
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crash27 »

Maybe someone there at 3d fury can tell me how to charge them. Click url to see what I am talking about!
http://postimage.org/image/66q5y6h8x/

more ugly pics here
http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=36608#36608
oruseye
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by oruseye »

crash27 wrote: They instead do a strange thing when you put them in 720p@120hz. They make what looks like an over under 3d image but with no 3d. Just two identical images stacked one on top of the other.
No one fall down from his chair reading this ???? WTF ?

Glasses can't do that, they can just close/open based on a pulse, what you are describing here have nothing to do with 3D glasses, looks like a wrong 3D format. Make me wonder if you know what you are doing at all.
Also, AVSforum is full of positive review on hdfury devices so i don't think you are unbiased at all. In such situation, anyone with a brain would simply ask for a refund and not claim the same non sense garbage on many differents forums
Last edited by oruseye on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
crash27
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crash27 »

crash27 wrote:
oruseye wrote:
crash27 wrote: They instead do a strange thing when you put them in 720p@120hz. They make what looks like an over under 3d image but with no 3d. Just two identical images stacked one on top of the other.
No one fall down from his chair reading this ???? WTF ?

Glasses can't do that, they can just close/open based on a pulse, what you are describing here have nothing to do with 3D glasses, looks like a wrong 3D format. Make me wonder if you know what you are doing at all.
Also, AVSforum is full of positive review on hdfury devices so i don't think you are unbiased at all. In such situation, anyone with a brain would simply ask for a refund and not claim the same non sense garbage on many differents forums
Just had to join the forum to say that did you?

I was the first person outside of AMD to get one of there cards to work in shutter mode with the IZ3D driver so I do OK as far as having a brain. If you don't have something intelligent to say the best thing to do it through insults.

You should know I P.M. them to you at your forum. You are either wildfire or hdfury from the hdfury sight. No one is fooled. It must hurt that you can't just ban me eh?

I spent the time to make many posts so many would not buy this devise for 3D because They will be disappointed. As was the case at your forum you try to make it look like I'm saying something I am not saying at all to take attention away from the point.

Your glasses don't keep sync and the parts don't even fit together properly. Thanks for sharing the links so others can go see them though!
Last edited by crash27 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
crash27
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crash27 »

oops double post. Sorry
oruseye
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by oruseye »

Sorry to deceive you, i'm also a customer, and i'm currently using bitcauldron 3D vision max with their 3D converter with great results on my Pioneer Kuro plasma, i haven't got my glasses yet, they should arrive tomorrow, but i found this post on their forums who refer to what you wrote : http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=284950

That's how i ended up there.
crash27
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crash27 »

OK so get back to us when you get your glasses and you have great looking 3d with the 3d fury. Until then your opinion is irrelevant or am I missing something?

I post because I want people to know they can't get good 3d with this devise but could if they spent the $550.00 US plus duty on a 3d display.

It might be great at whatever else it is for. What ever that is but 3d at 60hz or at 720x640 is garbage and people who spend this much deserve to get good S3D. They can get really good 3d for that kind of money.

The pictures I've posted speak for them selves.
crash27
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crash27 »

I think it only fair to say that 3d fury has posted a link here that encourages rebuttal from its customers.
Sad they feel the need to resort to these kind of tactics but I am far from surprised.

I have said what I need to and you have no one to blame but yourself for ending up with this garbage 3d if you buy there product.

I do not ask for a refund because I do not trust them after they deleted my posts that were just asking about blocking ambient light.

I will likely end my rant here so go ahead and flame me good for my opinion if you want but you were warned.

I was being nice. Really you want to add 3d to a none 3d display? For $550.00. Do you know what you can buy for that kind of money?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... 20Monitors
oruseye
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by oruseye »

cybereality wrote:Are those glassses even supposed to work with Nvidia displays? I look at the website and it seems like they are saying they work with Sony only (or any non-3D TV which is obviously BS). What made you buy them in the first place (no offense)?

Why would it be BS ? since my Plasma is no 3D TV, not even HDMI and 60hz only and i'm getting great results using 3Dfury with Bitcauldron 3D vision max glasses (and custom firmware !)
oruseye
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by oruseye »

crash27 wrote:I think it only fair to say that 3d fury has posted a link here that encourages rebuttal from its customers.
Sad they feel the need to resort to these kind of tactics but I am far from surprised.

I have said what I need to and you have no one to blame but yourself for ending up with this garbage 3d if you buy there product.

I do not ask for a refund because I do not trust them after they deleted my posts that were just asking about blocking ambient light.

I will likely end my rant here so go ahead and flame me good for my opinion if you want but you were warned.

I was being nice. Really you want to add 3d to a none 3d display? For $550.00. Do you know what you can buy for that kind of money?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... 20Monitors
Ok for the glasses discussion, i'll give my point of view hopefully tomorrow when i got them.
Anyway, the link for the display you are posting is a no go for me, i will NEVER NEVER get such display, currently my Barco CRT PJ over perform any others PJ i saw so far (and it's still listed at 10kUSD! ) and my Kuro Plasma have a picture quality which is way way above any of those from your link also it is +50inch
oruseye
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by oruseye »

Ok sorry i was away re-watching my BR collection :woot

So as promised, a quick follow up:

Yes, the glasses looks cheap, it's true, they don't look extremelly nice, however, they are confortable to wear and performing better or nearly as good as Bitcauldron (i find them better on 60hz plasma, and a bit inferior on CRT PJ)
Since i don't plan of going out to a party with my 3d glasses, i'm happy with them (as i said, i don't care the overall look, only the perfs)

One bad thing is the USB connector on the glasses, i had to try 2 differents macro USB cable to get one to fit correctly.

Anyway, i'm happy with this device and the 3D effect i'm getting is spectacular in all way.
Hope you got your issue solved too.
crash27
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by crash27 »

HD Fury (the site admin not the company) Has given me much help in getting the glasses functional and continues to work with me. He seems honestly helpful and I appreciate all he has done and is doing. I will post more here when I know more. The glasses are very light that is true.

Return to “3D Glasses”