eDimensional glasses get very dark - is it normal?

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
flexy
Cross Eyed!

Post by flexy »

in regards to the thread's title, what i noticed:

On the right eye of me ED glasses, i get dark spots and "patches".

I just got a set of old elsa-revelator-style glasses cheap off ebay which i should have tomorrow...together with LOADS of batteries for my ED glasses and the revelator glasses.

The interesting thing is that the so called official tridef/IOD glasses look exactly the same as the old, square shaped ELSA revelator glasses.

Besides exotic things like "crystaleyes" there is really just TWO common forms of shutter glasses out there, its the more roundish one "ED style" glasses and the squareish elsa style glasses. So i bought them off ebay to test whether they work a bit better with my Plasma....i really, really think the ED glasses quality is sub-par...see the patches/blotches i get. I think this might be related to them getting darker. Maybe for some people they just get darker as a whole...some other people they just get dark patches.
uncle_leon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by uncle_leon »

Mine get darker in a non-uniform fashion... They always get darker near edges, but there are some random patches as well. I also noticed that if there are some dirt particles on them, they cause dark patches to appear around them. A bit strange. I also get the impression that the darkening effect is less pronounced in low temperatures - I haven't tested it thoroughly though.
eDimensional + CRT :: Infocus X1
E2180 Dual Core @ 3.2Ghz :: Scythe Ninja
Asus P5B :: 2x1GB DDR2 Geil Ultra 4-4-4-12
MSI 7900GTO @ GTX :: Forceware 162.50
Samsung 500GB HD501LJ :: Corsair VX-450W
saikamaldoss
One Eyed Hopeful

Re:

Post by saikamaldoss »

yuriythebest wrote:welcome to MTBS!

nope, what you've described isn't normal. I have the eDimensional wired glasses and in all the time I've used them there was no gradual darkening that I could notice. The manufacturer will probably confirm this.

Yes, the manufacturer is quite misleading to the newcomer. The 2 main 'misleads' are that the site insinuates that all LCD's are supported (by not mentioning that you need very high end LCD's for this), and the non mentioning of the poor driver support. I talk about this a lot on my show.

cheers!
what do you mean by high end LCD ??
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: eDimensional glasses get very dark - is it normal?

Post by Likay »

Some new lcd-screens. Most of them still aren't compatible with shutterglasses. Afaik there's not really another way to find out compability than testing or listen to others who succeeded or not.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “3D Glasses”