Buying 3D polarised glasses in europe ? where ?

Shutter glasses and custom polarized! Talk about them here.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Buying 3D polarised glasses in europe ? where ?

Post by BlackShark »

I 'm about to buy polarised glasses for my dual projector setup but I can't find many shops selling them. All of them are in the US. I would like to see if I could find some in Europe to reduce shipping fees and avoid import taxes but it seems I can't find any serious one or that could compete with a known US shop like Berezin.

I would like to buy different models in very small quantities (one or two of each model maximum). The only shops I found want me to buy at least 10 per model or are just not price competitive.
Do you know any good shops for polarised 3D glasses in Europe ?
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
relaxman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Buying 3D polarised glasses in europe ? where ?

Post by relaxman »

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I bought mine from silverfabric.de. Maybe awater3d has too?
How far have you gotten with your setup btw? I'm curious!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

At the moment I received the filters and filter mounts from silverfabric, the projectors are late, they should have shipped yesterday but the shop didn't receive them so I have to wait a little more, they should be shipping Monday, arriving here one or two days later, whith the cables and a Display Port adapter to plug everything at the same time (dual proj + one monitor) that should be great for video editing, or just for playing while keeping an eye on some other stuff on the axiliary monitor.

When I looked at silverfabric glasses the minimum quantities annoyed me. I would like to build a varied collection by buying one or two pairs of as many different models as I can find.

Last is the screen, I still haven't received a response from Peroni so I'll have to write again.
I also read an interesting user post at AVS forums that a user attached his harkness screen to his frame using some 3M Dual Lock tape (provided by harkness).
This looks extremely interesting to attach the frame very easily and then be able to unmount and remount the frame when needed (transporting the frame to someone else's or simple when moving to a new house)
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... st18875703" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was not expecting there would be any type of reusable tape that would be able to withstand the tension of a screen. I would never have trusted Velcro for this, but this 3M Dual Lock tape is much much more interesting.
Passive 3D forever !
relaxman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by relaxman »

It's funny you are in France, and dont know Tridimax :o
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

relaxman wrote:It's funny you are in France, and dont know Tridimax :o
Tridi-who ??? :oops:
Well they do have cheap RealD-style glasses in both circular and linear, so that will be good at first but for more exotic stuff (which I would LOVE to collect) i'm stuck with US suppliers
Passive 3D forever !
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I recall that i got both the clip-ons i still have and 10 pairs of glasses from silverfabric since i ordered my other stuffs from there as well. They were happy to split the big packages up for the oppurtunity to sell filters and screen. (at least you could check)
At that moment i ordered 10 pairs of glasses which looked very similar to the "Standard Theme park style - Linear polarization" glasses on tridimax. If same filters are used they should have a decent blocking rate (similar to the high quality thick linear lcd-polarizer from polarization.com). I also got two pairs of clip-ons from silverfabric which are very much alike in visual quality as the "themeparks...".

Sidenote: I've also tried the old iz3d-glasses (which were linear) and those were a tad worse with the projection rig. The image was somewhere between the good filters and good circular filters regarding ghostingrejection. Image is still quite good in other words and usually these are prefered since they look cooler.

There was a store in sweden that sold stuffs to universities and alike from where i could get some polarizers+quarterwave-retarders (great for different experiments) but it seems like my only option for now is polarization.com as well.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “3D Glasses”