Delta Six Gun Controller

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
pbjr
One Eyed Hopeful

Delta Six Gun Controller

Post by pbjr »

It looks like we might have another toy to add to our VR arsenal.

I emailed them and they told me the 360 version will be wired and the PS3 and PC will be bluetooth.
Coming Q2 2013.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/04/delt ... ontroller/
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Delta Six Gun Controller

Post by cybereality »

This looks awesome. I wonder how tracking would compare to something like the Wiimote w/ Motion+...
colocolo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by colocolo »

damn, the project has been cancelled. anyway u could buy a softairgun with electric blowback feature and try to modify it, perhaps with usage of the leap motion.
it would be definitely more fun and increase the grade of immersion if you feel the recoil and having headphones on with the volume pushed to the limit.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Too bad. I was looking forward to this.
remosito
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by remosito »

Starcitizen - Elite:Dangerous - Xing - Gallery: Six Elements - Among the sleep - Theme Park Studio - The Stomping Land - Son of Nor - Obduction - NOWHERE - Kindom Come : Deliverance - Home Sick - prioVR
Ziggurat
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ziggurat »

The question is what sensors are there in the controller, and can it be programmed to be a naturalistic input device in conjunction with the rift :D
remosito

Post by remosito »

Vids make it look like 6 DoF.
I assume in order to actually work for FPS. Accuracy and latency have to be pretty good....
Starcitizen - Elite:Dangerous - Xing - Gallery: Six Elements - Among the sleep - Theme Park Studio - The Stomping Land - Son of Nor - Obduction - NOWHERE - Kindom Come : Deliverance - Home Sick - prioVR
RoadKillGrill
Cross Eyed!

Post by RoadKillGrill »

Looks pretty cool, I kinda want to know more about the hardware before buy.

Also a few more videos showing it working would be nice, everything showing actual game-play with it is less than a 5 second jump clip.

I can see that it has roll to turn fast and it has rifle butt melee attack? The melee attack concerns me, mainly from other games and controller experiences. The action can get easily confused with normal turning if its too simple or will have too much lag if the conditions are too rigid.

The problem isn't limited to only motion controllers, a single button to preform multiple actions is a pet peeve of mine. They usually don't work when you need them (Jump, sprint, dodge and open door button).
Aabel
Cross Eyed!

Post by Aabel »

Looks pretty sweet, but some more information on what sensors it comes equipped with would be great.

A gun like that would be an absolute dream to develop specifically for, so many inputs!
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Overpriced POS driven purely on hype. Awesome.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
Ziggurat
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ziggurat »

I asked him on Kickstarter if this could be programmed to be used as a 6DOF tracking system for a gun in conjunction with the Oculus Rift in a naturalistic fashion.
And he answered only by mail (not in the FAQ part) that its on his todo list to reach out to "them".

So idk.
adoral84

Post by adoral84 »

I've been waiting for a good gun peripheral to pair with VR for a while but this just doesn't fit the bill. The haptic feedback and clip are interesting but aside from that it's clearly a product built for playing CoD on a tv screen. Something more like a modular wiimote zapper type add-on for the razer hydra would be much more interesting.
remosito

Post by remosito »

Anybody been able to find out anything about sensors used or any other tech spec?

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”