World's Smallest 1080p3D Screen

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Synexious
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

World's Smallest 1080p3D Screen

Post by Synexious »

A new screen. Could it be used for custom HMDs? I wonder if it will be released soon. Probably not.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: World's Smallest 1080p3D Screen

Post by cybereality »

Only problem is that Xpol style displays (like Zalman) work best with a certain minimum distance (around 1 foot). It probably wouldn't look too good if it were right in front of your face.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

That has some serious potential if it could work well under fresnals or other lenses. Even if it doesnt it almost has the resolution to make a great side by side split screen HMD at half the res.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Well I guess it could be used for an HMD if you used mirrors to direct the light. That way you could view it at the perfect distance and not have to cross your eyes so bad.
3dpmaster
Cross Eyed!

Post by 3dpmaster »

:idea: If these screens are able to switch 3D-modus off, we can use two of them for a HUGE HD head mounted display with a LARGE FOV. :woot :3D
Full immersive research:

HMD:
SONY HMZ-T1
FOV: 40° diagonal

HMD project:
FOV: >180°

Link: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14332

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”