LG DM2350D Zalman glasses also don't work correctly

120Hz or Polarized, this is the place to share your findings on what's out there!
LamerDeluxe
One Eyed Hopeful

LG DM2350D Zalman glasses also don't work correctly

Post by LamerDeluxe »

I bought the LG DM2350D a couple of weeks ago and it is a very nice display with lots of options, however I also got the wrong glasses with it. I read about other people having the same problem and it being a hassle to get the correct ones from LG. LG told me to go back to the store, which isn't an option as it is a supermarket where nobody would know anything about 3D glasses.

Anyway, I found out the Zalman TriMon glasses should work with this monitor, so I ordered them. They don't have the purple crosstalk, but they do have the annoying vertical (not horizontal) lines effect when there is motion. Now I have found out something interesting, when I tilt my head 45 degrees to the left, the vertical scanlines are gone and so is the yellow tinge. This leads me to believe the Zalman glasses also do not have the correct polarization.

Just came across the LG AG-F110 glasses and they also don't work, purple crosstalk and vertical lines with motion.

Are there any other glasses for this monitor that do work correctly? Do the correct LG ones have the vertical lines problem?
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Re: LG DM2350D Zalman glasses also don't work correctly

Post by Dilip »

Zalman Glasses have correct polarization for their monitor not LG

No,correct model glasses provided with your monitor will not have any malfunctions

I received LG FPG-2000 Glasses Clip on and normal one with my D2342P Monitor. both work just right out of box no vertical lines no other color tinge

I have noticed purple bleeding if i use REALD 3D glasses.

Verticle lines with motion never seen.
LamerDeluxe
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LamerDeluxe »

Thanks for your reply. I received FPG-200F Cinema 3D glasses with my monitor and should have received the glasses you have (3D monitor glasses). Apparently this is a common problem with these monitors. LG usually tells customers to go back to the store or send their monitor in for repairs, only after people put in lots of effort they sometimes recieve the correct glasses.

Good to hear the correct glasses don't have the vertical lines problem, too bad they can not be bought anywhere, in case the ones you receive with the monitor break.

The tip to use the Zalman glasses was one that I read in a forum, I guess the people using those didn't notice the vertical lines.

EDIT:
Some more searching and experimenting reveals that the Cinema3D and RealD glasses use 0 and 0 degrees, the Zalman use 135 and 135 degrees, while the LG monitors need 45 and 135 degrees.
I see a lot of messages about the wrong glasses on the German LG forum and LG in the UK are apparently now also aware of the problem. The part number for the correct glasses ends in 101, not 301 and are made in Korea instead of China.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

Too Bad,Company like LG should take care to put right glasses with right monitor

I can not understand why they use differnet polarization for their TV and Monitor its stupid and tend to end in such mistakes

There should be comman angle standered for one company's all products which uses polarization

Personally no complain with my product it works COOL and TRUE VALUE FOR MONEY i don like though horizontal lines but its really much much better to flickering and recharge required glasses (3D VISION) i even like brightness offered in passive soultions in DARK games like DEAD SPACE2 it just get killed on my friend's 3D vision ( he has old one may be 3D vision 2 can be better)
LamerDeluxe
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LamerDeluxe »

I think I've read somewhere that the polarization angles have to do with the smaller size and viewing distance of a monitor compared to a TV.

I agree that it is quite clumsy of LG to include the wrong glasses, they ruin the quality of an otherwise great product, for the price you get a lot of functionality and as far as I can judge with the wrong glasses the 3D image is very nice.

From what I've read and experienced so far, getting the right glasses from LG can be quite a hassle, with them insisting on you sending the monitor in for repair, asking you to send in your glasses and returning the same wrong kind etc.

I haven't found any 3rd party glasses that would be suitable for this monitor yet (except for really large quantities from China), I guess this type of polarization is too uncommon.

Return to “3D Monitors”