3dvision interleaved 3d on active and passives :)

Own a 3D HDTV? Trying to learn about the latest and greatest? Post here!
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

3dvision interleaved 3d on active and passives :)

Post by butmunch »

Hi,
I have 3dvisions Interleaved 3d working at 1080p/60hz on a lg passive 42lw450u passive 3dtv.
Boosha!
If the mods deem this a topic that will not be deleted i will share the information to get this working on any 3dtv that has interleaved 3d.
This is a 100% free method and does not involve the use of a 3dvision kit or a 3dvision emulator!
I have not disclosed any info yet so this will be the first place of contact, as far as i'm aware i have done nothing illegal.

Edit.
This is dead simple.
Install the 3dvision drivers.
Then install the zalman inf i have included, reboot and you will see that the 3d display is showing as a zalman monitor, you now have working 1080p 3d interleaved at 60hz, 60 fps ;).
i stumbled upon this while trying to fix something else, it should work for any display that has interleaved 3d, some active displays have Interleaved 3d, my old sammy active c750 2010 model had vertical and horizontal interleaved.
EDIT
Samsung 46es8000 works with the azlaman edid, interleaved on a active set completely blows away passives, amazing!
So if you have a active that supports interleaved the acer or zalman edid is the best to use on latest drivers as the emu has stopped working and the checkerboard has red overlay with 3dvision kit.

Have been informed that the unlocked edid has no extension bloc so you may not get audio over your hdmi anymore, if this happens find out how to use moninfo and merge your original bloc with the unlocked edid.

Edit

If you need eye correction and your 3dtv/monitor supports image shifting then shift the image up or down 1 pixel, this should reverse the eyes for you as it does on mine ;)
A 47ld950 reversed 3d using image shifting, the pfl7606 i have now allthough has a image shift option does not reverse the 3d depth when moved, strange but true.
Not all passive 3dtv's/monitors will need eye correction.

Displays that need eye correction, some i've tested and some others have.

Some Uk lg 3dtv's
Uk toshiba 3dtv's No lag, no colourbug/clear ghosting, high 8ms lcd response time. Owned
Phillips PHILIPS 32PFL7606 No colourbug/clear ghosting, no lag 2ms lcd response time. Owned

Displays that work without eye correction

Vizio 3dtv's
Some Uk lg 3dtv's
uk/eu? Lg 47lk950u Colourbug/clear ghosting, lag! Owned
lg 47ld950. Owned
Lg 47ld950. Owned

Edit

If you are stuck at 59hz with the zalman edid then just folow this guide and delete your 59hz after making the 60hz 1080p res.
Deanos

Windows 7 64-Bit
48 posts

Best solution!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys...

Been a while since anybody has posted here, wonder if you all found your own solutions????

OK, so I had to format and re-install my Win 7 due to a NASTY virus that ate everything up!!!! I didn't have the time to sit and manually remove the thing so I chose the quick way out!

After doing all the updates, installing everything I need and updating that, I remembered about this 59Hz thing...
So, I thought I would try a few things that never worked in the past from here...

This actually worked first time around...

Screen Refresh Rate - Custom for NVIDIA Brand

- Go to nVidia Control Panel
- Go to Add resolution
- Create Custom Resolution
- Click on Timing
- Click on Manual
- Set refresh rate to 60.001 Hz
- Press Apply

But what I did realize now is possibly where myself and some other may have gone wrong....

Quote: Originally Posted by Deanos
Nope, doesn't work for me!

Tells me that 60,001 is out of range!

Can only set between 58,000 and 60,000?!?!?
As I mentioned in this post, it would not accept the 60,001, although it did this time.
The solution I found for that was to set it to 60,000 first, click accept, but this still gives the refresh at 59Hz...
Then I tried again, and by some miracle, it opened and accepted 60,001!
Infact, I can even go right up to 64Hz now, but it gives some problems...

So, I hope this can help a few of you out...

Cheers all and have a FANTASTIC Christmas and New Year!!!!!
Edit 19/01/2012

For lg 3dtv users only.
I seem to have good news!
This is tested as working with a 47lk950u 100% everytime!
The old 42lw450u allso had this bug but it seemed to work when it wanted, i think i was forgetting a major factor as if i do not do it in sequence the bug does'nt work.
It's was reported by me and a few other users that every now and again the sharpness settings from a none " pc label " would be carried over when enabling a " pc label " giving 99% working zero lag interleaved 3d.

I have confirmed the following many times and will get a youtube video up tomoz proving this super bug, as it was possible on a lw450u it may be possible on any lg set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQR4h70WNd0

For a nvidia card you will need a edid mod with zero extension bloc as this will clear the colour ghosting.
As amd reads lg's faulty edid? even worse than nvidia then you will not need a edid mod as you will only have the clear ghosting?

1) First change your isf expert and game sharpness setting in the none PC LABEL to clear the clear ghosting, i choose a label to my right wich is hd dvd (not game label )

2) start your 3d game so you can see the clear ghosting dissapear, once this is done change back to PC LABEL!

3)Select GAME mode with AV button on tv controller!!!!!!!!!!

4) Press input on controller and select dvd hd or what ever is the next label from pc label, i choose a none game label, use a label directly next to pc label!

5)Press menu on tv controller and goto display setings or what ever it's acalled for you and select your pre made isf expert setting, NOTICE the clear ghosting dissapear.

6) Press exit on controller

7) Press input and change back to pc label, should be one press of left or right , NOTICE if you are lucky you are now have a lesser lag pc label and clear ghosting is cleared up 99% making games 100% playable

I've turned the tv on and off many times, this method of exact button presses creates a carry over of settings bug or something along those lines.

Edit 14/02/2012
http://3dvision-blog.com/7163-make-your ... 3d-vision/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bloody over at 3dvisionblog has released a tut for this mod with pics ect, it allso includes a acer passive edid from Greg Gilbert that can be used instead of the Zalman.
Sadly the Acer edid still has the 3d reversed like the Zalman so our hunt continues..

The Acer HR274H 3D Monitor EDID Override is the better of the 2 edids ;), it comes with more supported refresh rates :), it will be the edid i'll be using from now untill the next one comes along that is better.

EDIT 05/03/2012

Just alittle update.

When i first found this mod i had sold my lg 47ld950 a week before which gutted me.
After around 6-7 month of tv upgrading i finally went back to the ld950's sister tv the 47ld920 which does'nt support framepacking, lol as if we need it!

As i have allways said, the ld950 was the best 3dtv i ever had and i can now say that the 920 matches the 950, both tv's are better for 3d films and 3d gaming than any other 2011 passive 3dtv i've owned.
The ld920 allso has a colourbug, this was reported to not have a bug but it was only reported by one person, i can confirm it does have the bug indeed but its fixed with teh zalman edid.

Note

The acer edid has an extension bloc so it gives a colourbug with a nvidia card for interleaved 3d, the zalman edid has no extension bloc so this fixes the colour ghosting and produces 3dvision interleaved with no colour bug!

With the ld920 i have now it means i can no longer use the acer edid which i'd swapped to with teh philips, i have a lg so have to use the zalman edid

Shii over at http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopi ... =13&t=2042 has a new guide up with info for lg users and the colourbug ect.
I never thought to include this info in this post some more info on the subject
http://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-forum ... sting.html
http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led- ... eview.html

The Zalman edid in first post fixes the colourbug so us Lg are ok :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by butmunch on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:09 am, edited 20 times in total.
Samsung ps51e6500, Acer h5360bd + 80" fixed screen
Sli Gigabyte gtx670 Windforce x3
Intel 3770k Oc'd + Noctua Nh-D14
Asus Sabertooth Z77
8gb 2133mhz Crucial Smart Tracers Oc'd
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX
Demciflex full Magnetic Filter Set

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
Coolermaster Sirus 5.1 Headset
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3dvision interleaved 3d working on any passive 3dtv!

Post by bgnome »

I did not think that the current 3D Vision drivers had support for anything other than pageflipping and maybe checkerboard for DLP. I would be interested in this as it may be a simpler solution than the one I am currently using, which requires the emulator to activate 3DTV Play.
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=13176" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know that 1080p/60Hz has been a hot issue and is possible using half-res output on our displays, but I remember getting weird mouse pointer issues when I tried iz3d/ddd. I would love to hear more about your methods.

edit: found it. mocca spoofed the zalman edid, just like i mentioned in the other thread. i will give it a shot, but i think that the zalman screen has the left/right switched compared to our lg/vizios. maybe if we can find the edid for the lg passive display it would work better.
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

bgnome wrote:I did not think that the current 3D Vision drivers had support for anything other than pageflipping and maybe checkerboard for DLP. I would be interested in this as it may be a simpler solution than the one I am currently using, which requires the emulator to activate 3DTV Play.
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=13176" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know that 1080p/60Hz has been a hot issue and is possible using half-res output on our displays, but I remember getting weird mouse pointer issues when I tried iz3d/ddd. I would love to hear more about your methods.

edit: found it. mocca spoofed the zalman edid, just like i mentioned in the other thread. i will give it a shot, but i think that the zalman screen has the left/right switched compared to our lg/vizios. maybe if we can find the edid for the lg passive display it would work better.
Lol, you found my other persona ;)

Yes the eyes are swapped round for me, i just took the lenses from my glasses and superglued them on the opposite eye's, tv came with 7 glasses so....
I'm looking for the http://www.3dvisual.com.au/html/3d_lcd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; edid , keep your eyes peeled as it's needed.
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by bgnome »

Well I tried the Zalman spoof from another forum and it seems to be working so far, no eye swap issues at all. I noticed that the LG D2342P is also listed but does not seem to install correctly.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Please share your method. You can upload any necessary files here (do not host them externally).
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

cybereality wrote:Please share your method. You can upload any necessary files here (do not host them externally).
Ok i have updated OP.
This was such an amazing find for me and i'm glad to share my information.

As far as i'm aware i am the first todo this?
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Yes, I think you are first. Congratulations!
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

cybereality wrote:Yes, I think you are first. Congratulations!
Thanks dude, it's amazing what can be found by accident!
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
vinyne
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vinyne »

Replying to say thank you, it works here on my LG D2342P-PN and all 3d Vision compatible games are working fine.

Good work sir
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

vinyne wrote:Replying to say thank you, it works here on my LG D2342P-PN and all 3d Vision compatible games are working fine.

Good work sir
Cool, glad it's working for you, how cool is it eh! 1080p lag free gaming!
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
Wurstwasser
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Wurstwasser »

Also working on my D2342P :woot

THANKS A LOT!!!
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

Wurstwasser wrote:Also working on my D2342P :woot

THANKS A LOT!!!
Glad your happy and you found what you was looking for, i did'nt want to say too much over there ;)
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
Wurstwasser
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Wurstwasser »

Yeah I know what you mean. I also wrote in your thread on the nvidia forums they closed because of 'driver hacking'.
I still do not know why nvidia doesn't want to support these monitors officially.
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

Wurstwasser wrote:Yeah I know what you mean. I also wrote in your thread on the nvidia forums they closed because of 'driver hacking'.
I still do not know why nvidia doesn't want to support these monitors officially.
Lol, driver hacking.
it's far more simple than that, this is just a by product of of me trying to fix something totally unrelated to 3dvision.

Same as the edid for the ld950 i had, all it was was a edid with a extension bloc deleted, no hacking there really, i too was suprised to see my post removed.

Nvidia allso fixed it so a deleted extension bloc no longer gives working checkerboard, it resorts back to anaglyth, all 3dvisions options now need a certified display or a edid overide from a certified display, this was tested using latest drivers only.
Last edited by butmunch on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

I have just found out that a zalman edid allso unlocks iz3d's zalmon interlaced 3d, looks we have more by products, and we can thanks lg for releasing crappy 3dtv's with colourbugs as if it was'nt for this i would never of stumbled upon the pot of gold!
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
tinimark
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tinimark »

Hi, good work on the find.
Will this work with a 3d projector like jvc rs40? I can't see in the spec if it supports interleaved signals.
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

tinimark wrote:Hi, good work on the find.
Will this work with a 3d projector like jvc rs40? I can't see in the spec if it supports interleaved signals.
do'nt know dude, but this should work with anything that is interlaced, possibly only works at 1080p aswell as at anything lower the 3d effect messes up but this has only been tested with my 42lw450u 3dtv so i can't really comment about a 720p pj working, try it and see.
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by bgnome »

butmunch wrote:
do'nt know dude, but this should work with anything that is interlaced, possibly only works at 1080p aswell as at anything lower the 3d effect messes up but this has only been tested with my 42lw450u 3dtv so i can't really comment about a 720p pj working, try it and see.
When I switched the driver, my games were set at 720P and I had scaling issues where the interlaced image was scaled incorrectly. This could have been due to an incorrect scaling setting in the settings driver but I do know that iz3d/DDD do handle the non-native resolution scaling correctly. I also would like to mention that the inf is missing an extension block so my hdmi audio stopped working, but I may have it working again by inserting the block from my display edid.

As for the projector, it is not using a patterned retarder like our passive interlaced displays are. It is strictly an active shutter device. It has hdmi 1.4a and accepts frame packed, top and bottom, and side by side formats. According to the specs, it is a native 1080p D-ILA projector but does not accept a 60Hz 1080P S3D signal unless it is in SBS format.
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

bgnome wrote:
butmunch wrote:
When I switched the driver, my games were set at 720P and I had scaling issues where the interlaced image was scaled incorrectly. This could have been due to an incorrect scaling setting in the settings driver but I do know that iz3d/DDD do handle the non-native resolution scaling correctly. I also would like to mention that the inf is missing an extension block so my hdmi audio stopped working, but I may have it working again by inserting the block from my display edid.

As for the projector, it is not using a patterned retarder like our passive interlaced displays are. It is strictly an active shutter device. It has hdmi 1.4a and accepts frame packed, top and bottom, and side by side formats. According to the specs, it is a native 1080p D-ILA projector but does not accept a 60Hz 1080P S3D signal unless it is in SBS format.
I'll add the bit about missing audio, thanks.
The zalman edid i was given came without a extension bloc but as you said you can merge your original bloc with the zalmans, glad you fixed is fine, i'll include that aswell in op.

I know my old sammy c750 2010 model had options for interleaved 3d and that was a active set so it's possible to work on pj's ect that have interleeaved 3d without a passive screen.
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

If you have issues with the resoluton, make sure you go into the Nvidia panel settings and choose "No scaling".
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

cybereality wrote:If you have issues with the resoluton, make sure you go into the Nvidia panel settings and choose "No scaling".

Ta, i allready have scaling off, if i have scaling off but display selected i get messed up 3d, if i have scaling off and gpu selected i get a smaller perfect 3d image that is only in the center of the screen as the rest of the screen is filled with big black borders around the image.
Interleaved is the only 3d option that does'nt work below 1080p for me with 3dvision,tridef,iz3d.
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

It supposed to have black borders around it. You can't scale the image or you ruin the interlacing.
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

cybereality wrote:It supposed to have black borders around it. You can't scale the image or you ruin the interlacing.
Learn something new everyday, allways wondered :)
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by bgnome »

butmunch wrote:
cybereality wrote:It supposed to have black borders around it. You can't scale the image or you ruin the interlacing.
Learn something new everyday, allways wondered :)

I am pretty sure 720P interlaced worked when I tried iZ3D before.
From the changelog:
Version 1.12 – 2010.10.22
[+] Automatic image scaling to native resolution (key DisplayScalingMode) implemented

For some reason I cannot get the extension block to stick. Tv speakers are not a big deal for me though.
tinimark
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tinimark »

Thanks, will give it a go and let you know how I get on. Would be great to game in 3d 1080p as nvidia still does not support sbs.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

tinimark wrote:Thanks, will give it a go and let you know how I get on. Would be great to game in 3d 1080p as nvidia still does not support sbs.
This is not for SBS. Its for interleaving, which is used on passive displays (FPR).
NestorXX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NestorXX »

Thank you, my LG d2342p now run perfectly
3DWolf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DWolf »

I know this is an old thread, but.... When I try to load the inf (right click, Install) I get an error box that just says "The INF file you selected does not support this method of installation".
Any ideas?

Updated:
Figured it out. Device manager, show compatible, Have disk, choose driver, Next. Do for both monitors listed.
... I just tried this and it works great! 1920x1080 60hz in interleave mode., using an NVidia GTX 275 card and a Vizio E3D320VX monitor. ROCK ON!
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

Hi 3dwolf,
Glad you managed to sort it, hope you have fun!
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
Shredmaster
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shredmaster »

butmunch (or mocca :P)

I tried the interleaved solution on my LG 32'' lw5700 passive display. It works, but it unfortunately does have the colorbug, just like in checkerboard mode (with rollermod)... I tried just with HDMI and I'll try to test it with a VGA cable to see if there's any difference.
Still just frame packing 3dtv play (720p60hz) or page flipping 3d vision (1080p30hz) for me.
But helluva thanks for the tips anyway :D

Cheers!
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

Shredmaster wrote:butmunch (or mocca :P)

I tried the interleaved solution on my LG 32'' lw5700 passive display. It works, but it unfortunately does have the colorbug, just like in checkerboard mode (with rollermod)... I tried just with HDMI and I'll try to test it with a VGA cable to see if there's any difference.
Still just frame packing 3dtv play (720p60hz) or page flipping 3d vision (1080p30hz) for me.
But helluva thanks for the tips anyway :D

Cheers!
Gutted for you.
On the ld920 and ld950 vga interleaved work 100% ok,
On this 450u i now have, vga no longer works correctly using interleaved as there is clear ghosting that is caused by sharpness, Sadly though vga has sharpness settings locked so you can't fix the clear ghosting but this is on a 42lw450u so it may be different for you.
You should'nt have the colourbug using a vga cable.
if using vga just use the same zalman edid and overwrite ur pnp monitor. driver ;)
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
abrajim125
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by abrajim125 »

is working on my lg 55lw6500 in rgb one i don't have sharpness locked so i get rid of almost all the ghosting (almost 95% if you ask me) and also swap the eyes shifting the screem 1 pixel, if there is a way to swap the eyes in the override it will be great because in the hdmi, don't now why, i can get 0 ghosting after messing with the sharpness and better image i will buy a better dvi to vga cable to see it makes a diference.

anyway great finding.
jmcguire525
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jmcguire525 »

Is there any way of getting this working with a dual projector passive system? thanks for any help
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

Sadly i have'nt a clue but maybe somebody that does will come along shortly and provide the info your hoping for :)
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by bgnome »

jmcguire525 wrote:Is there any way of getting this working with a dual projector passive system? thanks for any help
As mentioned, this is meant for interleaved displays only. It does not even work at anything other than 1920x1080 because the drivers feed the display line by line.

In order to use the 3D-Vision driver or the 3DTV Play extension, you need to have your dual projector setup accept standard input signals, (dual-link dvi for 120Hz pageflipping, checkerboard, or HDMI 1.4a). This can be accomplished by different converter boxes that may or may not be available, depending on your needs. A better option may be to use iz3d or DDD as they have much better suport for dual displays for stereo 3d.
jmcguire525
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jmcguire525 »

bgnome wrote:
jmcguire525 wrote:Is there any way of getting this working with a dual projector passive system? thanks for any help
As mentioned, this is meant for interleaved displays only. It does not even work at anything other than 1920x1080 because the drivers feed the display line by line.

In order to use the 3D-Vision driver or the 3DTV Play extension, you need to have your dual projector setup accept standard input signals, (dual-link dvi for 120Hz pageflipping, checkerboard, or HDMI 1.4a). This can be accomplished by different converter boxes that may or may not be available, depending on your needs. A better option may be to use iz3d or DDD as they have much better suport for dual displays for stereo 3d.
I have 2 3DXL boxes that by using an HDMI splitter separate the left and right images to the correct projector, it has 1.4 input and outputs 1.3, a software update to the boxes my make it possible but I would need to know what to request be added
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

You can try this hack, which will allow you to use any arbitrary HDMI 1.4a compatible device with Nvidia:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 76&p=59267" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by bgnome »

bgnome wrote: For some reason I cannot get the extension block to stick. Tv speakers are not a big deal for me though.
still can't get this to work. may be due to drivers saying i am on a dvi connection instead of hdmi.
on the upside, i noticed mocca/buttmunch posted this at the 3d-vision forums. would be nice if you could share a bit more about it:
butmunch
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by butmunch »

bgnome wrote:
bgnome wrote: For some reason I cannot get the extension block to stick. Tv speakers are not a big deal for me though.
still can't get this to work. may be due to drivers saying i am on a dvi connection instead of hdmi.
on the upside, i noticed mocca/buttmunch posted this at the 3d-vision forums. would be nice if you could share a bit more about it:

Hi,
yes i can explain that for you.

Using a modified edid with a deleted extension bloc should show that picture, sadly all 3d options revert back to 3d discover anaglyth.
Different driver versions will show different options shown in the pic.
You will need your emmiter or something like it and a edid with its bloc deleted to show the same as image above.
One of the graphics drivers i used named zalman and other monitors compatible with 3dvision by NAME hence the reason i found the zalman trick by accident ;)

I can spoof the zalman edid on both hdmi and vga connections, using a dvi to hdmi and a dvi to vga adapters.
After you install the edid what aheppens, can you please print the screen like the picture above to show me what options you have :)

The options you see are useless as like i said they revert back to discover, well they do for me! Anybody else want to test to see if it works for them?
I only posted that pic as proof of nvidia having passive displays in 3dvision.
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ocz Vertex 4 128gb
1tb Samsung F3
Coolermaster HafX

Home 5.1 Surround Sound
jmslovatt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jmslovatt »

Hey guys,

I have the lg 42lw550t passive screen. This fix is so nearly perfect it's painful! I get no audio over hdmi, i've tried merging the extension bloc in from before using moninfo, but it didn't help. I can live with this though, instead just using a line from my soundcard, my main problem is I can't seem to shift the screen by 1 pixel to get the eyes swapped.

Has anybody got experience of doing this on an LG TV? I've searched high and low but found nothing yet!

Cheers for the great work!

Return to “3D HDTVs”