HO! HO! HO! GameGrade3D Breaks 400!

Special news and updates by the MTBS team.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

MTBS is pleased ot announce that GameGrade3D has met a new threshold with over 400 game submissions!  For those unfamiliar, GameGrade3D is a community driven quality assurance library of stereoscopic 3D game compatibility on PC.  Made possible by contributions by members, results are submitted via a series of multiple choice questions, image and comment uploads, and attachable driver profiles.  GG3D fully supports DDD, iZ3D, and Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision options, and results are based on consistent rules and expectations.
Read full article...
Earmack
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: HO! HO! HO! GameGrade3D Breaks 400!

Post by Earmack »

Great news=)
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Kingston DDR3 khx21c11t2k2/16x 4 x 8gb = 32gb
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000 M
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Guys!

Thanks! (Earmack, you are one of our of our biggest contributors!).

It would be cool if we could get some prizes together for GG3D contributors in conjunction with some kind of ranking system. I think GPUs and equipment would go over well, but do you think the mugs would make cool prizes too?

Any ideas on how a GG3D ranking system could work?

Regards,
Neil
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Maybe you could add the possibility for forum members to vote for submissions, even with something as simple as Agree/Disagree. I guess many forum members have probably already tried a lot of the games submitted, and they didn't feel like entering a submission. Then you could define a metric based on the number of submissions, the number of votes and the results of the votes, much in the same way than Ebay or Amazon do for their reputation system.
Neil

Post by Neil »

We could add an agree/disagree function. However, I think there has to be a "why" component with a means of backing up the statement. For example, could a voting mechanism somehow create a new submission in the process? That might be interesting.

Regards,
Neil
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

Yes, that could be a good incentive for users to create submissions even if they didn't intended to at first. Maybe a Agree/Disagree for each section could be enough, which could add a new entry when the user doesn't agree and offer the possibility to modify the evaluation for a particular problem. This would probably need a modification of the presentation, by showing every possibilities for errors instead of only the particular aspect that has been specified as problematic, quite much in the form of a check list.
Earmack
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Earmack »

Neil wrote:Hi Guys!
I think GPUs and equipment would go over well, but do you think the mugs would make cool prizes too?
I like mugs what I see on the pictures :D
Sapphire 7970 ghz 6gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Intel I7 3770k @3,5ghz
Kingston DDR3 khx21c11t2k2/16x 4 x 8gb = 32gb
X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000 M
Windows 8 Pro 64x
Samsung UE40D7000LS
HDMI 1.4a
Neil

Post by Neil »

Great! The mugs quickly get expensive because of shipping costs, but if members like them, I will make a point to add them to the GG3D rewards plan. I first got them as a bonus for a Christmas card order, and I just liked them so much! Maybe we caught on to something?

Anyways, I'm very happy with how GG3D is turning out, though we have just scratched the surface of where we'd like to take it. Please submit regularly, and don't hesitate to dispute or make fresh submissions for existing games (if something has changed). We work hard to make MTBS possible, and contributions like this really go a long way towards making MTBS a better place.

Thanks in advance,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

GameGrade3D Breaks 400 Submissions!

MTBS is pleased to announce that GameGrade3D has met a new threshold with over 400 game submissions!  For those unfamiliar, GameGrade3D is a community driven quality assurance library of stereoscopic 3D game compatibility on PC.  Made possible by contributions by members, results are submitted via a series of multiple choice questions, image and comment uploads, and attachable driver profiles.  GG3D fully supports DDD, iZ3D, and Nvidia GeForce 3D Vision options, and results are based on consistent rules and expectations.

Return to “MTBS News”