Aliens vs Predator Retail game Fix for 3D Vision users

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
Bloody
One Eyed Hopeful

Aliens vs Predator Retail game Fix for 3D Vision users

Post by Bloody »

The game Aliens vs Predator was officially released and it has turned out that the full game has the same issue that was available in the multiplayer demo released over Steam earlier this month. The executable name of the game is the same as an old AvP game that already has a profile in the 3D Vision drivers, but this profile messes things up and most people believe that the game does not work with 3D Vision. If you purchased the full game you will notice that it also has another executable for DirectX 11 and this seems to create issues for 3D Vision not willing to activate when you run the game even on DX10 hardware. So it seems that the fix for the demo version of the game does not work anymore and there are a bit more things you need to do in order to make 3D Vision working. You need to rename both AvP.exe and AvP_DX11.exe executables by adding an additional x at the end of their names so they’ll become AvPx.exe and AvP_DX11x.exe and then extract the replacement launchers from the archive below (the two exe and ini files) and then run the game again and try enabling 3D Vision. Let me know if this fix works for you or not...

Also since there is not yet profile for AvP you may want to load up my custom convergence settings for the game, also attached below to get better S3D results and less issues. Apart from that it is also recommended to set Shadows Complexity to Off or at least Low in order to get rid of shadows not rendered correctly in S3D. Still the game does not look perfect in S3D mode as the crosshair is rendered in 2D and there are issues with lights not rendered at correct depth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bloody on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
christ0ff
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Aliens vs Predator Retail game Fix for 3D Vision users

Post by christ0ff »

Great, I will try that when I get home.

If this works, then we should probably delete my other thread in order to be straight with the forum rule of 1 thread per game...

Thanks !!
My specs:
2.4Ghz dual core - 2Gb Memory - 8800 GTS 512Mb
Nvidia 3d Vision + Viewsonic 120Hz
Windows 7 Ultimate - DX 11
christ0ff
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by christ0ff »

It does work, I will start a thread to post screenshots and tweaks,,, unless you want to do it... ?

Thanks !
My specs:
2.4Ghz dual core - 2Gb Memory - 8800 GTS 512Mb
Nvidia 3d Vision + Viewsonic 120Hz
Windows 7 Ultimate - DX 11
Bloody
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Bloody »

I've wanted to make sure the fix was working correctly before anything else, not that this is confirmed I've also attached my custom convergence settings that provide very good results. Also set the Shadow complexity to Low from the game options (or disable it completely) to get rid of wrongly rendered shadows, but there are still some other issues left - 2d crosshair and lights rendered at wrong depth.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”