Gamelist: not-working with iZ3D v1.10

iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Gamelist: not-working with iZ3D v1.10

Post by iondrive »

Hi all,

OK, I think I've jumped the gun a little bit. This used to be the "anaglyph-only" thread but I had a better idea. Just make a "not-working gamelist" and the anaglyph-only list will be a subset of that so I'm changing this thread to be a not-working gamelist since it's still relatively new and noone else has posted anything yet. The original post says this:

"I've found that some games work with the iZ3D driver (version 1.10) in anaglyph mode but not in any other mode that I can test. This is the anaglyph-only gamelist. Please contribute."

and this

"I've informed iZ3D and there's a parallel thread on their forum but I thought it belongs in both places. In other modes, you get a "can't load output dll" error. If you find a game like that, please try it in anaglyph mode and report it here if it works in anaglyph only. Thanks."

Now I just want to make a not-working gamelist labeled according to characteristics of how they work/don't work:

Catwoman - *1, *2, *7
The Incredible Hulk - *1, *2, *7
Lord of the Rings, Return of the King, *1, *2, *7, *8
Spiderman Web of Shadows - *1, *2, *7
Spiderman Friend or Foe - *1, *2
Ultimate Spiderman - *1, *2, *7
X-men Legends 2 - *1, *2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - *1, *2, *7
Prince of Persia, Warrior Within - *1, *2, *7
Mageknight Apocalypse - *1, *2, *7, (*3a only with v1.10), *8
Starwars, the Force Unleashed, Ultimate Sith edition (disc version) - *3a
Starwars, the Force Unleashed (Steam version) - probably works w/iZ3D, *6
Starwars, Republic Commando - *3a, *8

*1) "cant load output dll" error (check "show on-screen messages" checkbox to see this)
*2 ) only anaglyph, iZ3D monitor (and ATI 3D DLP?) outputs work.
*3) driver causes game crash, details should be added if needed.
*3a) game crashes on start
*4) game runs with driver loaded/injected but no s3d, toggle does nothing.
*5) any other category suggestions anyone? Punkbusted games?
*6 ) I've been unable to confirm this
*7 ) confirmed no-CD crack fixes "can't load" problem so that all modes work
*8 ) game is reported as DX8 with nvidia's old-school 3d settings logfile

Regarding *1 and *2,
I believe the cause is a conflict between the licensing system and the SafeDisc protection system on some game-discs. A similar reason is why I think the Steam version of TFU works and the disc version doesn't. The games I've tested were done with anaglyph and at least two other modes but I expect the same results with all other licensed modes...

licensed modes: "can't load",
non-licensed modes (anaglyph, iZ3D monitor, and ATI 3D DLP too?): OK

Games should use DX9 unless otherwise noted. Please contribute.

--- iondrive ---

PS: the SHORT LIST (after removing SafeDisc issue and DX8 games):

Starwars, the Force Unleashed, Ultimate Sith edition (disc version) - *3a

Yeah, that's pretty short.
Last edited by iondrive on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Gamelist: not-working with iZ3D v1.10

Post by iondrive »

Breakthrough!!!

I now believe that these "anaglyph-only" games probably work with the iZ3D monitor with no problem since I think I've figured out what's going on here. It's a SafeDisc issue. From one of my other posts on iZ3D's forum:
Found this thread regarding Assassin's Creed:

http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... sins+creed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

with this quote from BlackShark:

"
I had the "could not load DLL" problem when playing with interlaced output. Then I installed a no-DVD crack on my game and it worked.
"

That's it. I saw this once before but I didn't like that approach and didn't know if I should believe it and I'ld rather not use no-CD/DVD cracks but, out of desperation, I tried it and it has worked on 2 games so far (Catwoman and Marvel Ultimate Alliance). I feel confident that it will work with the other games too but it's hard to find cracks sometimes and I don't like to trust them. Please fix your driver. This answer gives me hope that one change to your driver might fix all of these games as well as other untested ones.
and this:
Hello again iZ3D team,

It turns out that SafeDisc is the problem. I guess it conflicts with your licensing. As far as I can tell, the problem shows up with SafeDisc versions between 2.80.290 and 4.900.000.

I made some more lists for myself and y'all...
(now I think that anaglyph-only probably really means "anaglyph plus iZ3D monitor outputs")

SafeDisc games verified as anaglyph-only and a no-CD crack fixes it:

Catwoman - SafeDisc v3.20.020 - verified anaglyph-only and crack fixes it
Marvel Ultimate Alliance - verified anaglyph-only and crack fixes it
Spiderman, Web of Shadows - SafeDisc v4.90.010 - verified anaglyph-only and crack fixes it
MageKnight Apocalypse - DX8, SafeDisc v4.60.000 - verified anaglyph-only and crack fixes it
Lord of the Rings, Return of the King - SafeDisc v3.10.020 : DX8 verified anaglyph-only and crack fixes it
Ultimate Spiderman - SafeDisc v4.00.003 - verified anaglyph-only and crack fixes it
The Incredible Hulk - SafeDisc 4.90.000 - verified anaglyph-only and crack fixes it
Prince of Persia, Warrior Within - SafeDisc v4.00.001 - verified anaglyph-only and crack fixes it

Safedisc games that are verified as anaglyph olny:

X-men Legends 2 - SafeDisc v4.x - verified anaglyph-only
Spiderman, Friend or Foe - verified anaglyph-only
Iron man - SafeDisc v4.90.000 - verified anaglyph-only
X2, Wolverine's Revenge - DX8, SafeDisk 2.80.290 - verified anaglyph-only

Untested SafeDisc games that I feel will test as anaglyph-only:

Fantastic 4 - SafeDisc 4.00.002
Starship Troopeers - SafeDisc 4.60.000
Gears of War - SafeDisc 4.81
Stolen - SafeDisc 4.00.001
Assassins Creed - SafeDisc 4.85.000
Halo - SafeDisc 2.70.030
Far Cry - SafeDisc 3.20
Need for Speed, Carbon - SafeDisc 4.70.000
Need for Speed, Most Wanted - SafeDisc 4.60
Need for Speed, Underground 2 - SafeDisc 3.20.030
The Movies - SafeDisc 4.60
Transformers - SafeDisc 4.81.000
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - SafeDisc 3.20.020
various "The Sims 2" games - SaafeDisc 4.something
many others...

SafeDisc games that work without a crack:
(Maybe they're not really SafeDisc-protected games)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - SafeDisc 3.15.010 - verified other modes work
Freedom Force - SafeDisc v2.51.020 - DX8, verified other modes work
Black & White 2 - SafeDisc 4.00.002 - DX8, verified other modes work

I sure hope you can fix all these with one driver change.
SafeDisc game info is from the DaemonTools Forum.

http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/gamedb.php?letter=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

--- iondrive ---

PS: My apologies for thinking that your driver doesn't work with these games when they actually can work with them. Apparently, it's just that there's a conflict between SafeDisc and your licensing system that prevents the driver from loading.
Hopefully this issue will get resolved in a driver upgrade someday.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Yeah, thats good to know.
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Rewrote the top post based on my current understanding of the situation. Maybe I'll try a different setup someday but for now, I think that's good. I also added a Shortlist.

the SHORT LIST (after removing SafeDisc issue and DX8 games):

Starwars, the Force Unleashed, Ultimate Sith edition (disc version) - crashes on start.

Yeah, that's pretty short.

So far, the no-CD crack approach has a 100% fix rate regarding all the *1 and *2 games I've tried it with.

--- iondrive ---
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

Thank you for your list. We plan to change the way of protection driver in version 1.12, these changes should fix the mentioned problems in games.
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

That's great news dragon,

I've posted similar info on iZ3D's forum.

I'm still waiting for some help from someone to confirm my suspicion that Starwars The Force Unleashed Steam version works while the disc version crashes. I may have to bump the topic on the iZ3D forum to get someone's attention. Also I have yet to try iZ3D's new 1.11b1 driver so that might work too. I should have tried it by next week. I just want to back everything up first.

Oh yeah, I also need someone to confirm my suspicion that the SafeDisc "can't load output dll" error does not occur with the ATI Radeon DLP output.

--- iondrive ---

I never would have figured out the SafeDisc issue if I didn't make this list.
Darth Vader voice: "Don't underestimate the Powa of The List" :)
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

1.11b1-2 empties the shortlist. SWTFU disc version works now.

Starwars the Force Unleashed:
This thread was originally meant for v1.10 but maybe I'll expand it to more. Anyway after trying 1.11b1-2 and patching the game to 1.2, it works now. It turns out there were two issues. iZ3D 1.11b1-2 fixed one issue and the SWTFU 1.2 patch fixed the other. "the other" problem was that you could only run the game once. If you exit the game and restart it, you get stuck in the title page. You needed to reboot in order for the game to run again. You see this kind of "one-shot" bug once in a while. The patch fixed this. Also, you need to add

<!-- SW-The Force Unleashed Launcher -->
<File Name="SWTFU Launcher.exe" />

to the <Profile Name="Disable driver"> section in BaseProfile.xml in order for the launcher to work right with iZ3D. I will put this in it's own thread eventually but I have too many other hings to catch up on first.

Mageknight Apocalypse:
No longer crashes like in 1.10 versions. You no longer need to downgrade to 1.09 to run this. You still need a noCD crack though for licensed outputs.

Starwars Republic Commando:
Still crashes on start with 1.11b1 and 1.11b1-2.

hmmm, yes it gets messy if you don't do one game per thread. Still, lists are important sometimes.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”