Side-by-side output?

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Side-by-side output?

Post by cybereality »

Does anyone know how to get side-by-side output on the TriDef Ignition 2.1 driver? I can see it listed (both cross-eye and parallel) but if I select it and try to run a game it says it is not supported. I was really hoping to record some in-game videos and I need the side-by-side output. @Neil: I remember you used the Ignition driver to record the Fallout3 video. Was that with the 2.1 driver or an unreleased beta?
Neil

Re: Side-by-side output?

Post by Neil »

Fallout3 was recorded in interlaced and then converted to side by side with Stereo Movie Maker.

DDD is exploring additional mode options.

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Should really be nice! Their new businessmodel with pay once for the driver is certainly appealing too. Waiting for dual vga output for projectors! :P
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Ah, I see. I initially tried to record in interlaced but that wasn't working for me either. What program did you use? FRAPS? I tried with that but then it would just crash most of the games I attempted to open. I did get this other program called Debut Video Capture to at least activate but it doesn't record sound and the speed is not what is required for a DirectX game (the program is mostly for recording video tutorials on the desktop, etc.). Do I need a newer version of FRAPS or is it just a hit or miss with the DDD drivers? I did get it to properly record with NFS:ProStreet and the video looked great but the other games I tried (HL2, Bioshock, AaaAAA!) all crashed before the game even started.

@Likay: Dual projection is listed in the options but I have a feeling it might not be totally implemented (like side-by-side).
Neil

Post by Neil »

FRAPS all the way. No crash problems here, and I've run on ATI and NVIDIA GPU's:

ATI 4850, 4870, and 4890
NVIDIA GTX285

I had an issue where movies were coming out crappy, but the latest version of FRAPS fixed it...thankfully! :D

Regards,
Neil
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Hi guys!

from the tridef forum, Simon says:

"To make game video capture easier, side-by-side, above-below and dual projection (dual view) outputs have been implemented. They should be included in the next release of TriDef software."

thread-link:
http://www.ddd.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=158" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That was quoted from Thu Jul 30, 2009 so check their download page for Tridef Experience with a date newer than that:

http://tridef.com/download/all.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I expect it will be version 4.0.3 or greater, later.
System specs:
CPU: 3.2GHz Athlon 64 X2 6400
RAM: 800MHz 4GB dual channel mode
Video: geForce 8800GTS PCI-e, 640MB ram, driver 196.21
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Really nice! :P :shutter

(moving to the testing area...)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Neil wrote:I had an issue where movies were coming out crappy, but the latest version of FRAPS fixed it...thankfully! :D
I got the latest version of FRAPS (2.9.9) and now I can record but the quality could be better. It doesn't appear that FRAPS give you any options as to the quality or codec of the captured video. Did you need to do anything special?

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”