306.23 issues

skabais
One Eyed Hopeful

306.23 issues

Post by skabais »

Hi,

Has anybody experienced similar issues with the driver:
a) OSD compability message reappears each time after restarting a game, despite being disabled
b) custom settings (convergence, depth) are reset to defaults each time after restarting a game, despite being saved
c) "hide 3D effect" option is gone from control panel
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: 306.23 issues

Post by Likay »

Did you try to make a clean install? (deinstall the displaydrivers, reboot using standard vgadrivers, remove/rename the nvidia folder and install the new revision). It's not unlikely it could be a new introduced feature though. :roll:
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I've found running a driver cleaner from safe mode is a good thing to remove wierd driver problems, at least with Nvidias drivers.
skabais
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by skabais »

Thanks for the input! :)

I got the feeling that you just took a pity on responsless post and shot a generic help response.. ;) despite that any of you arent actually 3Dvision users?
I didnt get a feeling from your answers that you have this version of the driver installed and that none of the above issues (in combination with a 3DVision setup) have been experienced by you.

Despite that i didnt believe your advice, since i havent used driver sweeper for at least two years with no issues.. (since Nvidia introduced in their drivers an optional feature called "clean install").

I gave it a try anyway, and to my surprise - at least one of the issues was fixed with 90% likelihood of another been fixed too.

In case that I got my impressions all wrong and you have this particular version of the driver installed, please confirm presence or absence of the feature for hiding 3D effect.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I'm a 3D Vision user who has had issues with partial driver installations causing wierd errors (graphical glitches, colours, 3D incompatibility in some modes, etc).
I think I am currently running 296, but the suggestions posted were things anyone should try before anything else.

If you are referring to 'hide stereoscopic 3d effects when game starts' - I have this option in 296. Never tried it though - what does it do?

Generally speaking, the older version of the Nvidia drivers have better compatibility with older stuff. For example, I think up to 285 allows you to use the generic monitor mode, so you can use 3D Vision with CRTs, unsupported projectors, Emagin Z800, etc. Later on, Nvidia removed this feature :(. When the Rift comes out, I think I might abandon Nvidia altogether.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I still use older drivers since my machine isn't too powerful (no 3d-vision either: nvidia doesn't support dual projectors anymore). However removing everything from an older revision (driversweeper etc) often fixed troubles that i had so it should work with newer drivers as well. Glad you got it going.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Post by eqzitara1 »

306.23 has a ton of issues (they wont admit it but they rushed it for borderlands 2 hence the first WHQL in god knows how many months... and beta is probably better)
Ive ran into at least 3 people whove had issues with this driver. All with different issues. I just reinstalled them once and 3d vision wont activate in game unless I hit hotkey. Even though its set for always and worked on previous installation of same driver(this is a huge problem for me cause of my constant alt tabbing). AND I had a HUGE black square that followed my character(borderlands 2). I played with my settings before reinstalling driver and thought that was it... Reinstalled driver and it works. The driver is busted. If you want to use that version it seems you to got to install and get lucky.
People had shadow issues, game issues, etc. It seems like its not makeing sure 3d vision drivers fully install before going to next step.

Ussually you dont need to use a third part driver remover/sweeper. Click advanced and click fresh install. It should remove the driver completely before installing. (You may of tried but just throwing it out there)
Joker18
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Joker18 »

I know that after 301.smth. they removed the option Hide stereoscopic, which is stupid. We don't run all the games with 3d vision and also some games have trouble when starting directly with 3d vision. Why they removed it? beats me.
3D Gamer using Avegant Glyph & LG 65E6V
No hidden talents.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”