Glasses on the Fritz??

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Glasses on the Fritz??

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi All,

I think my nVidia 3D Vision Glasses are on the Fritz, what is happening sometimes I get Ghosting on both sides and it is in a RED State shift??

Could it be malfunctioning glasses or PLEASE Dont tell me it is the DLP Projector??

So far I mostly noticed it in WOW. I instantly fired up ArmA 2 and it was NOT as Noticable or hardly there??

I do Hope it is just the glasses..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Glasses on the Fritz??

Post by iondrive »

hi neph,

I see you're using a DLP and this might turn out to be good news. Check your thread on parallax inversion as I've already talked about it there and don't want to double-post. Basically if you reset GlassesSwitchDelay to 0 and this problem goes away, then we know that GlassesSwitchDelay actually does something. I would set it to 1 and use alt-equals a bunch of times to see if that works to change the color / sync since color and sync are closely related with a DLP display. If that does nothing, then I would try alt-minus. Then I would give up. Oh, wait. I would also confirm the registry values of GlassesDelayPlus (1211 decimal - alt-equals) and GlassesDelayMinus (1213 decimal - alt-minus). Then I would give up.

good luck,

--- iondrive ---
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK set back and tried the other trick Nothing??? THNX tho was hopefull..

I do have 1 question after I do the reg tweak should I reboot??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

hiya,

No, you don't need to reboot. The only other thought I had on this was maybe it only works when StereoViewerType is of a certain value but I really doubt it and don't recommend spending any time on it. Other reg entries are StereoViewer and StereoCompatibility but again, I don't recommend going down this road anymore. Oh well, as far as this display problem goes, "Ghosting on both sides and it is in a RED State shift" still sound like a timing issue but this seems like one of those weird things that might just go away by itself. You could get a graph of your processor usage in task manager and play the game and exit it when you see the fault. See if your graph was pegged at 100% during the time of the fault. Then it might have been some weird temporary system overload. If it is a timing issue with your glasses and you have a CRT, you should be able to switch out your display and see the fault on your CRT but it would not appear as color problems but possibly a dark horizontal band near the top or bottom of the screen. Or it could show a screen that is partially parallax-inverted. At least then you would know it's not your PJ. Oh I guess you could just use a different PJ. Did you do that already? Same fault on each display? Other than troubleshooting, there's the old reinstall driver idea. Tell us what you learn if you do any of this. As always, good luck.

--- iondrive ---
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well I am NOT going to lug the 22" monitor I have it is a CRT but heavy and on the other side of the room.. I think it was always there just notice it more when something is RED in Color..

I did see on another post that someone had the LG monitor and had the wrong glasses shipped and was getting a similar ghosting effect and the cause was the glasses where NOT synced with the Monitor or something..

It was stated the Monitor had a zero degree shift and the glasses had a 15 degree shift causing the Ghosting like I get.. Could it be something similar since these Projectors are NOT Certified ones..

I do Plan on getting new Projectors soon hopefully before summer starts.. I will then NOT have these issues anymore and be able to get Higher FPS!!

I use Triple Projectors for 1 BIG screen.. works pretty good except a few odd things like the parralex inversion and now the red shift Ghosting.. but all in all it looks pretty good it would imagine with a certified Projector it is going to be Amazing..

THNX for your Help in trying to resolve this but I am going to put it too bed and try and save some cash for the new Certified Projectors..

EDIT: I put the 3 DLP Projectors on Ebay Hopefull I will sell ALL 3 and I can get new ones within 2 months..
iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

ok,

Here's some info on my projectors in case you may like to get the same cheap. Both work great for 3d within their limits.

old: Viewsonic PJ503d, 800x600 native. 60 to 85 Hz. Color mismatch at 85 Hz. Not designated 3d-ready but works frame-sequentially at 60 Hz if you can stand that. Interlaced mode from a dongle using line-blanking also "works" but is so bad that I never want to use it that way. It's bad due to 8-foot projected image with noticeable pixellation. This PJ is not really recommended due to the lower specs. It's good for watching old DVDs that are 720x480 (the old ntsc standard).

new: Viewsonic PJD2611, 1024x768 native. 60 to 120 Hz. No noticeable color mismatch even at odd freqs like 96. Why run at 96 Hz? Bluray 3d movies are often 24 fps per eye so that's 48 fps. Then I show each pair of frames twice to get to 96 Hz and motion is nice and smooth. I've read something about this PJ using checkerboard internally but I don't see any image quality loss. I'm not really running it in it's 3d mode so maybe that's why. I'll have to test this someday. Anyway, if this res is good for you, then I think it's a good cheap projector. I got it from ebay for, I think, $330 before shipping. It's designated 3d-ready but it doesn't have hdmi and many people won't like that. From what I understand, bluray3d normally needs hdmi (1.3a?, 1.4?) to play but I convert my movies to a lower res that matches the projector. Anyway, it has 1 VGA input, 2 VGA outputs, 1 composite in and 1 S-video in. It also has audio in and out if you care about that. It does not have a 3-pin DIN for stereo sync nor does it have any IR emitter or associated glasses. In this case "3d-ready" seems to only mean that it can do 120 Hz and has no color mismatch. It has a menu option for inverting 3d-sync but it doesn't seem to do anything and I use my hardware switch anyway. Maybe it works right with 3d vision but I don't know about that. 3D-vision is cheaper now on ebay and I think I'll get it eventually so I'll test it then.

ok, on to your other thread...
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I decided on this One:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824014247

Meets my needs and is relatively inexpensive.. So Hopefully It will have a similar Throw rate so I will NOT have to move my current mounts..
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hey Nephilim I am not sure if that projector BenQ is going to be 3d vision compatable and you might have to wear your glasses upside down with it. I don't even think nvidia 3d vision will show normally and you might have problems again.

I would look into real nvidia compatable projectors: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-displays.html
acer: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824009285

Also you could technically use DDD 3d drivers and dlp link glasses with any new 3d projector like that BenQ, I think.

I hope you soon get your 3d setup working. Seems like a huge project to work on.

I also wanted to say and you probably know already is that if you get a real nvidia projector that you most likely will have to use nvidia 3d vision surround with sli cards and not a THTG box. With that BenQ projector I think it would work the same as the projectors you have but only that the benQ would put out 120hz as it won't be recognized in the nvidia 3d drivers properly.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi Dom,

The Projector I linked was and is on the nVidia List of Certified Projectors Not sure where you looked at but it is there..Thnx for the Warning tho.. ;)

I did here that the Acers have problems with Color Matching even from identical Projectors?? any Real truth too that Rumor?? I decided on BenQ because I always heard Good things about there Projectors..

Yes I will be adding another 480GTX to the Mix I plan on getting that first then the Projectors.. THNX for the Info ..
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

hmm I guess the certified projectors are region based or something cause I looked directly at nvidias website.

I am not sure about color matching but you must know more about that than me. Don't listen to me if you already know about it. You could PM Likay, I think he knows alot about color matching and maybe BlackShark.

yes benq projectors are good and my old 85hz projector is a benq.

By the way I remember getting that red glasses thingy before on my old school setup and I think I had to reinstall my drivers and do a driver cleaner.

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK DOm Ill pm Likay and see what he has to say. but I saw it in a Review so maybe it was just dumb luck or the guy did NOT bother to setup the PRojector..

You have some Color and Brightness settings to play with in Projectors like a TV and they ALL need to be adjusted especially if you have 3 ;)

EDIT: I found out what was causing my Ghosting. It was AntoAliasing Gamma Correction was on..I turned it off and voila WORKED!!

I ALSO have my Inversion problem fixed!!
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I had to buy a new pair of 3D Glasses these ones are almost Dead..Will see what it looks like with a new pair of glasses perhaps get rid of that annoying Ghosting which I never had before until a week ago..
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Awesome that you got your setup working, I think nvidia still supports some crt's as long as they are common to nvidia, thats what they were saying. Its good that you acomplished what you were really looking for, I was worried for awhile there that you'de be shut off from gaming. I was reading your other thread, good thinking iondrive he knew exactly what to do.

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi Dom, I will NOT be Denied LOL!! No my Gaming is going good and now I have this S3D Parralex Inversion Fixed I can keep these Projectors for a little longer hopefully no need to SPEND alot of money on new ones for now..

I do Want to get a new video card tho and try SLI.. Since I found out I will be able to get the 3D Vision working with SLI and NOT have to use the TH2Go unit which was used to trick the Drivers into thinking I had a CRT..

So Hopefully I will get the vid card soon and be able to game in a higher rez or at least look into it and SLI should help with the FPS altho they are good now I just like to be running at peek performance..

I was curious how is your system doing?? You use BOTH an old school and new school setup?? what game do you like playing in S3D the most??
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I have one setup atm with 3d vision acer5360 projector and 120hz 3d monitor. My older BenQ 85hz projector I have put away and a guy i know in illinois usa wants it. I been really wanting to build another computer for oldschool to hook up to my new projector only with a dual core intel cpu nvidia 7600gs and windows xp with e-dim dongle and wired glasses. I remember the 3d being way better with the old school drivers. Like a hologram effect where the popout would float in the middle of my room. I have all the parts to build that setup, I actually have two intel dual core motherboard and cpu sitting in my storage room and a bunch of ram. All I need is a case and psu. I have a copy of windows xp professtional i bought thats not being used too.

I was playing mafia2 in 3d and made it pretty far in the game but I'm stuck on a hard part near the end. Some parts of that game were pretty decent in 3d. Lately I have not had the energy to play alot of games though. I am eager to get tin tin 3d which came out today.

I see Steam has La Noire for 50% off so I bought it. Gonna try that out, says its 3d vision ready.

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I just checked I may get the Glasses this afternoon or Friday..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I recieved the glasses this afternoon I charged them up and they are a little better size wise but the Ghosting is still there.. I beleive I found the cause and chrisjarram has the fix or at least the knowlefge to fix this problem..

I PM'd him so hopefully he is still around.. I may get a fix from iondrive thos i am still working on it.. at least I do NOT have to wear the glasses upside down for now..
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I wonder if that ghosting is from a sync issue from connecting your inverter and dongle. Hey did you look around the net and see if you can find a dongle with a parallax switch on it. I remember some people saying that some dongles from year 2000/01 had a switch on them.

you might have seen this already http://www.stereo3d.com/vgapt.htm

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

yes that will Not work with my system ;)

I did find this info looks like If I get a pair of CrystalEyes 2-3 it will SOLVE ALL my Troubles no need for a dongle or inverter or anything just those CE Glasses and the nVidia emitter it should work Flawlessly:

More test results from last night. I tried the nvidia emitter with my XR-10-x and CrystalEyes (I 5xCE3 and 3xCE2, and all work fine with the nvidia emitter so I think its safe to say this is CE-compatible but don't state me on that! . The results were FLAWLESS - zero ghosting, eyes the right way round and perfect timing right out of the box (no need for eDimensional VGA dongle- this is down to a conveinient set of coincidences in the timing. With the nvidia glasses there is a slight red ghosting (due to the colour wheel sync) which can be resolved with the hardware mentioned above..

That will be a costly taking as the glasses are at about 250 Bucks USD!! OUCH!!!! I was looking at the CE4 Glasses they may be an option???
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well It may be that the Emitter is Malfunctioning a bit.. So I ordered a new kit should get it next week.. Sooner the better to find out if it is the emitter or am I just seeing things..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well I got the emitter yesterday my old emitter is working just fine.. Damn I was hoping the emitter was faulty..
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hey Nephilim, have you reinstalled your nvidia drivers since you had that red ting color in 3d? and since you been editing your registry values.

I was reading your other thread and about that ghosting when you have your nvidia glasses working is that there must be a delay from your e-dim dongle and inverter hooked in and ruins the sync.

It might be better to just go back to using your glasses upsidedown.

One other thing is that once you get your 3d, drivers and signal with glasses back to normal is to install DDD 3d drivers and use them on top of nvidias. I'm only saying this is cause it might revert the parallax idk?

If I had alot more money I would just give you $1500 to get new projectors :P

How much you selling that nvidia dongle for? You sure you don't want to keep it incase your other one konks out sometime. If iondrive don't want it I'll buy it from you for 30 or 40 bucks.

Also look here: http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopi ... =27&t=2027 for projector overides.

Are you also sure you are using the right dvi-vga adapter to get the right signal blue-line code. I think you need a dvi-i to vga adapter

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey Dom,

Yes I installed the new drives recently 296.10 I believe..Well Basically We Now believe the Ghosting is caused by the colorWheel, Iondrive had me do a test to see the color wheel and there is a sliver of Red on the end of the colorwheel which is causing the ghosting.. So I guess for now I will just live with it and it really is ONLY there Sometimes, I dont see it ALL the time which is NOT so bad but still annoying when I do see it..

Well That Would have been a Generous Offer, I would like to say thaat I can get all 3 for 1080USD Plus shipping and all..Hint Hint HEHE!!

WEll I bought the Entire Kit nVidia 3D Vision.. I paid 100 bucks for it so if you want it make me an offer but about 80bucks would do..I will just wait till the old one breaks as I have other things I need to get first and this kinda took over me getting another CPU.. So I could use the cash..

THNX and Hope To talk to you in the near future .. ;)
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hey, so you want to sell me the whole Nvidia 3d kit? Not just the dongle. I thought you wanted to keep the glasses? If you are selling the kit glasses and emitter I'll give you 120 plus shipping usd. What kit is it the nvidia 2 kit or the nvidia 1 kit. I'm thinking about using another nvidia 3d vision computer for movies but really I need like 3 more pairs of glasses. 1 more pair will be good for a bit, are you selling nvidia 2 glasses? I guess i could buy them online from newegg or somewhere but I don't mind buying from you, let me know what your selling exactly ASAP unless you gonna wait for iondrive. Also I won't have money in my paypal till around april 6 2012 I think. So I am not sure if you need that money sooner than that or I could also use Western Union, let me know.

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi it is the nvidia 1 kit.. I already have 2 pairs of glasses so dont teally need this kit.. I can sell it for 90bucks tho I only paid 100 for it..I can wait till the 6th
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Ok cool, I'll pm you on the 6th to see if you still have your nvidia kit. I know iondrive would be better to have it to help you troubleshoot your 3d setup. Maybe he will make you an offer soon.

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well Dom I had a PM from Ion and he was on the fence so I pm'd him back we will see if he wants it or not Ill let you know..

but for know he has the first offer..But he may pass and Ill sell them to you ok??
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

yep, np.

I just seen at nvidia 3d vision blog about the DDD 3d drivers and take a look
http://3dvision-blog.com/7553-tridef-3d ... inant-eye/
tridef-3d-shift-one-eye-feature.jpg
It shows to swap left/right and stuff....
I tried to install it to test it out before ddd worked before with 3d vision but I am not sure if that they have swap eyes. If it does swap eyes you could disconnect your inverter and e-dim dongle to stop the ghosting and things and use DDD 3d drivers ontop of nvidia's. I'm not sure if I know what I am talking about though or if its just for aiming fps scope 3d.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cyberia on Youtube

Brandon9271
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Brandon9271 »

Ok, I know this thread is kinda old but I'm having pretty much this exact problem with my Acer H5360. Weird thing is the 3D looks perfect for maybe 10 seconds and then the colors "shift" Its like the glasses are out of sync less than 1/120th of a second so I'm seeing in between frames and all these crazy colors and rainbow ghosting. It looks TERRIBLE! lol I opened regedit and tried the "find.." command but "GlassesSwitchDelay" wasn't found. :-/ I'm using the latest non beta drivers. 270.61
Brandon9271
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Brandon9271 »

just noticed that 270.61 isnt even close to being the latest drivers.. ? Not sure how that happened but I'll try the latest.
Brandon9271
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Brandon9271 »

Ok.. after multiple uninstall/reboot/clean driver install cycles I finally got everything working correctly. Must've been remnants of old driver installs clogging up the works. Now it great and no ghosting! Time to watch Avatar. :)
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Glad you have sorted it all out..

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”