Parralex Inversion Fix???

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Parralex Inversion Fix???

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi All, I decided to start a new thread on How I can Fix Parralex Inversion on my system..

I use NON Certified Projectors and need to wear the glasses Reversed it is rather uncomfortable after a while. I would like to get this fixed and need some suggestions..

I took the covers off and just switching the wire is going to be impossible. the Wire that goes to the lens is directly into the Circuit board with that printed wire sheet..

The other side has a wire I would be able to cut and extend to go to the other side but the one side it is impossible..

Now I would need either a Inverter or some sort of Driver hack any help??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Parralex Inversion Fix???

Post by Dom »

Try to push Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+F6 depending on which way your glasses are inverted. Most likey to the right. If you push and hold Ctrl+F5 and hold it down for awhile the invertion should goto the other side. This workaround has been mentioned lots since the time i have been on this forums since 2007 or 08.

Also i just tested my nvidia glasses and they don't stay in-sync but i think thats cause i use a kvm switch. I just use e-dims anyways, such less a hastle but they don't work unless i can change the convergence, same deal as the nvidia glasses.

Just try and invert your convergence and see what it does. Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+F6, Try Ctrl+F5 depress for awhile untill you see a change in the picture.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Parrelex Inversion Fix???

Post by Fredz »

The only solution I know would have been this one, but unfortunately it's no longer in production, and you probably already know about it because you were participating in the three following threads :
http://nextstepsolutions.co.uk/home/node/11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Price was £69.99 GBP inc VAT in 2009.

Maybe you can contact James on the contact page on or PM chrisjarram if he's still lurking around on MTBS3D, even if I guess you did already try.
The threads :
- http://www.stereo3d.com/discus/messages/3177/3347.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=93328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
- http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT : seems you already contacted James, so I guess this solution did not work for you. Did you try with the schematics RAGEdemon posted ?
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

What schematics?? With that gizmo there are NO USB connections for the nVidia USB Emitter it ONLY has the 3 prong plug for use with the old ED Glasses..
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi, did you figure out how to fix your inversion? I also noticed these universal glasses and posted them on another thread http://ahugq.vcfpq.servertrust.com/product_p/u2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

hmmm looks cool and cheap.. I have NOT fixed my inversion problem but I noticed this in the info:

"•Unique Polarity Reversal Switch-essential for many uses"
does this mena it can switch for parralex inversion??
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

I'm going to make a suggestion now that is totally based on just guesswork, but its to try the WIRED version of Nvidias glasses (or one of the wired clone pairs out there). Its POSSIBLE that it may be easier to hack these, perhaps you can just swap a couple of wires etc. Especially the clone wired versions might have a simplified design...

The polarity switchable glasses look the best deal however, I believe they mean you can switch L/R eyes...
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

I looked on the site you linked ut did NOT see a Wired Pair of 3D Glasses for nVidias 3D Vision do you have a link for a pair..

Now that I think of it the Inversion with the wired Glasses should be fixed without doing anything as the Parralex Inversion is ONLY on Wireless Glasses..

Damn I should have thought of this sooner and tried a pair of Wired Glasses.. Would be cool if it fixes the problem and I can wear the glasses correctly..
\
THNX for the HEADS UP ;)
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

No worries! I saw a few interesting 3D Vision glasses recently on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NVIDIA-GeForce- ... 983wt_1139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is a wired one. Apparently its legit - I didn't realise before that Nvidia *made* wired glasses, but i came across a couple of other references to them producing wired ones. This other set I was looking at has RF and was the most intriguing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Wireless-Gla ... 53eabae9a4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2.4 wireless and the whole thing including emitter is pretty cheap! No invert button for you tho ;-(
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

welll I am in ontact with someone from the 3d-tv place and they say I can use those universal wireless glasses U2 I think and they have the polarity switcher I think I am going to give those a shot first??
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I never tried them before, but if they are supposed to swap eyes with a button them they should work. I am going to probably buy 3 or 4 pairs in the next 4 months. Shipping to my city is like 30 dollars :/ so I have to wait to get 400 or so bucks. Just for glasses too. To bad china don't make the exact same thing for 10.50 free shipping.

I wonder why no one else has tried these glasses before. To bad we can't find some user reviews.

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I just got a email back from the 3D-TV Place and they say 3 model glasses they have will be able to reverse the polarity..

So I am going to be the Guine pig in about 1 week I will get some money and order a pair. I will try the U2 Model and see if it in fact will work.. I am just wondering if they put a switch in there to change the polarity why couldnt nVidia??
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I just ordered Model U2 of the wireless glasses when I get them I will report back if they work or not..

I am hoping they work so I can wear the glasses normally and not upside down..
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I REALLY hope it solves your problem. I'd be crawling in a dark cave hole if they don't work and what the company states is not true. If they turn out to be good, there are so many other people who could benifit from them too. You'll have to do a write up review and let others on mtbs.com know about it.

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

AS do I.. I was just looking for some other way to Test for Parralex Inversion to be sure it worked..
anyone know How I can test for Parralex inversion??

I tried the method as described at 3d flight sim website but was wondering if there was a more scientific way??

WEll I am sure others could benefit but I would hope someone else would write the article and I can answer the needed questions or something. I am not much of a writer..

I thought there would be some big Hoopla back when I figured out how to get my NON Certified Projectors working with 3D Vision.. but with the prices so low on a Certified projector perhaps too late
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi All,

I just got the package today and I tried to get them going but they are not working I think they are NOT charged and am currently charging them takes 3 hours and they claim it will last 60 hours..Plus the batteries should last a few years..

At first I did NOT see a Reverse switch and was like man that suck but then I found a paer in there and read it and it is built into the ON/Off Switch it is a dual purpose switch..

So Once the 3 hour charge is done I am going to give them another go, I believe they will work and they just need a charge as the light did not stay on..

I have about another Hour for the charge to be complete and will check and report back ASAP.. Also they did state in the manual that they will work with nVidia 3D Vision and nVidias emitter.it was just 2 Printed papers with info but had some USEFULL INFO..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK For ME and my Custom setup they do NOT work.. NOW they may work for others who use CERTIFIED PRojector but they should work with Certfied projectors
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Too bad.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Thats not good, i'm probably still gonna get some of those glasses though. I wonder why they won't work. I'll buy them from you if you don't want them and give you a bit extra for a new projector. Let me know, sorry man if I troubled you with them.

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Dom wrote:Thats not good, i'm probably still gonna get some of those glasses though. I wonder why they won't work. I'll buy them from you if you don't want them and give you a bit extra for a new projector. Let me know, sorry man if I troubled you with them.

Hey man No Worries I appreciate you telling me about this place.. I had emailed the guy back and he is sending me a few others to try free of charge. I will probally have to buy the one that works and send the others back but it is still cool and the Guy that I am incontact with is very nice and is trying to work with me so THNX for that..

Ya They should work if you have a certified projector. it is just my setup is a NON Certified DLP Projectors and still unsure as to why the nVidia pair works and not these??

He has also said he is getting a new set that has it's own RF Emitter and glasses to replace the nVidia stuff that may work.. We shall see and I think we should put this guys website in the news here or mention him to give him some business if possible??

ok if you wanna buy them gimme a pm we can work out the details??
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I did pm you. I wonder if those RF ones have the invert button on them. I seen them on the site but it never said anything about switching eyes. I wonder if you could have both emitters hooked in and have IR and RF glasses on.

I don't think neil likes advertising companies on mtbs.com so we'll just have to let others read about it and hopefully get something in a straight working order.

Nvidia did have a invert function earlier in their drivers. Technically your projectors are certified as CRT analog, just not 3d ready which stands for 120hz 720p.

I wonder what would happen if you installed those old 3d vision stereo drivers and the new geforce drivers. I'm not saying doing it but the invert function was I think in the stereo drivers and not in the display drivers.

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

PM back
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I bought a pair of DLP-Link glasses off eBay, which claimed to have a sync invert button but I never got it to work. Only tested them once, maybe I missed something.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

you could not get it working or wasnt sure where the Invert button was?? What Glasses did they come with a manual.??
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

They are FutureCinema brand Chinese DLP-Link glasses. I got them for $40. They look like this:
DLP-Link.jpg
According to the manual and the eBay listing, they should have a sync invert button. There is only one button though, I guess its the power button. Didn't work for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Dom wrote:I did pm you. I wonder if those RF ones have the invert button on them. I seen them on the site but it never said anything about switching eyes. I wonder if you could have both emitters hooked in and have IR and RF glasses on.

I don't think neil likes advertising companies on mtbs.com so we'll just have to let others read about it and hopefully get something in a straight working order.

Nvidia did have a invert function earlier in their drivers. Technically your projectors are certified as CRT analog, just not 3d ready which stands for 120hz 720p.

I wonder what would happen if you installed those old 3d vision stereo drivers and the new geforce drivers. I'm not saying doing it but the invert function was I think in the stereo drivers and not in the display drivers.

Yes but in order to get CRT Enabled I had to put a Matrox TH2Go unit in the loop sort of a EDID trick as it now recognises the Sharp Monitor as a Matrox Analog Display.. So I sort of Tricked the drivers to think I have a CRT Monitor..

I feel nVidia should alow the use of a CRT Monitor for some DLP Projectors without having to trick the Drivers.. If I take out the Matrox unit I can NOT get S3D Enabled..

What version Driver was the inverter function there?? are you talking about the 66.xx drivers??

cybereality wrote:They are FutureCinema brand Chinese DLP-Link glasses. I got them for $40. They look like this:
DLP-Link.jpg
According to the manual and the eBay listing, they should have a sync invert button. There is only one button though, I guess its the power button. Didn't work for me.

Are you saying they did NOT turn on or you could not get the inverter too work?? what is your Current 3D Solution by the way??
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

@ The_Nephilim: when I was playing with my Z800, I managed to get it working in 'generic display' mode with 3D Vision. To do this, I had to make the Z800 the PRIMARY windows monitor. If you do this, there's a slim chance you might get a similar option in the 3D Vision setup...
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

The_Nephilim wrote: Are you saying they did NOT turn on or you could not get the inverter too work?? what is your Current 3D Solution by the way??
No, they turned on and they worked. Just the invert button didn't do anything (it was only power button). I was using a Viewsonic DLP projector, I believe PJD5122. I got it to work for a bit with IZ3D, but I also got a lot of random inversions with other software (ie Stereoscopic Player). Seems DLP-Link is not that great for sync.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

WiredEarp wrote:@ The_Nephilim: when I was playing with my Z800, I managed to get it working in 'generic display' mode with 3D Vision. To do this, I had to make the Z800 the PRIMARY windows monitor. If you do this, there's a slim chance you might get a similar option in the 3D Vision setup...
I did like you said and I'll be a SOB.. It did work this time but I had to put in a DVI to VGA Connector with the EDID Pin taken out..

It then recognised the display as an Analog Display and I was able to get CRT Selected under 3D Vision and S3D worked in the Test Image..

This could be GREAT. I always wanted to game in a Higher Resolution but was limited by the Matrox unit.. I will probally now be able to get a 2nd Vid card and try this with Surround 3D and see if I will be able to do the same which now I don't see why it would not work..

I am just confused as I tried this same thing before and was unsuccesfull?? PErhaps I did something different this time from what I remembered from before..

WEll this has given me Hope with these current DLP Projectors and If I can get them working with a 2nd vid card under nVidia Surround I will NOT have to upgrade the Projectors for some time to come..

Even tho I know nVidia is dropping the CRT Support I may never update the drivers and just keep currently what I have as is.. Wish nVidia was NOT dropping support for the CRT Monitors..
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

I would'nt mess with your drivers at all, they are not static and probably send connections info to nvidia main servers dementing registry clients systems. But I did find out what stereo3d drivers may have the invert checky box, GeForce Stereoscopic 3D Driver 181.25. BUT I have seen misguided topic info about using ONLY stereo3d drivers with ITS ONLY as supported to certain series Nvidia cards and these drivers are from 2009 around january 09. So there was not such thing as nvidia gtx 400 - 500 series cards in that time.

I think nvidia programmers are lost in all the minute calculations for kernals timings clock values and displays ms/lag. I'm not saying their dumb but when you can't even keep focus on your own code then I somewhat wonder whats gonna work with their software. One thing they are not working with is a SIMPLE way to give a person a WORKING proper solution. I say this because every driver does not always perform better and its always a guessing thing about all the options its technically supposed to support. Anyways I found it better to be honest with and keep updated drivers. I've had a freeze gap in crysis for so long with their drivers. Anyhoo if anyone makes a nvidia utility for all this missing stuff which is what nvidia wants all you would have to do is phone them on the telephone.

I wonder if theres a way to keep nvidia glasses turned on at desktop open nvidia stereo player, load 3d movies switch eyes with F7 then pause movie minamize player or move to other screen then load a 3d game. I think I did that before and it did something!

I need to get another 3d vga dongle maybe.

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well if the wisdom at nVidia is to drop CRT Support I will never update my drivers unless I get some new DLP Projectors..

I need the CRT Support for my system to work in S3D..and now I found out I may not need the Matrox TH2Go I maybe able to get another Vid card and try my setup with SLI and see if I can get it working and with a higher Resolution then I use now..

It will be a little better then 720P at 3840 x 960.. so hopefully that will work.. I just got the new Bulbs today so I will NOT be Upgrading for at least a year..

Also Updating is NOT really required as most new games I do NOT play..
WiredEarp

Post by WiredEarp »

edit: just realised you said this:
I did like you said and I'll be a SOB.. It did work this time but I had to put in a DVI to VGA Connector with the EDID Pin taken out..
It then recognised the display as an Analog Display and I was able to get CRT Selected under 3D Vision and S3D worked in the Test Image..
This could be GREAT. I always wanted to game in a Higher Resolution but was limited by the Matrox unit.. I will probally now be able to get a 2nd Vid card and try this with Surround 3D and see if I will be able to do the same which now I don't see why it would not work..
I am just confused as I tried this same thing before and was unsuccesfull?? PErhaps I did something different this time from what I remembered from before..
WEll this has given me Hope with these current DLP Projectors and If I can get them working with a 2nd vid card under nVidia Surround I will NOT have to upgrade the Projectors for some time to come..
I'm wondering if the difference is possibly people not setting their 3D screen to be primary. Either that, or Nvidia have snuck in generic support into their latest drivers! I NO COMPLAINO!!! Great to hear its working for you!

Now all I need is someone to tell me if Headplay works as well in this mode!!! I am very happy to be able to use my Z800 with modern games.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well I kinda took that for granite this time and it was already selected as Primary..Perhaps last time I did this was not selected as Primary as I have the same EDID Plug and same DLP Projectrs??

Perhaps the support is there for CRT from nVidia?? I don't know but it works and looking to get another Vid card to try this trick under SLI.. If it works with SLI I will have a blast playing the old sims in a new Res..Good to try to test the limits of the i5 I have currently Over Clocked to 4.4ghz..
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hey, I tested these glasses from 3dtv corp. I guess they must have been defective because only the left eye was blinking. I think that is why they would not sync or that first I thought they were not blinking fast enough. I thought maybe I could see if there was a loose wire or something but they have a computer interface ribbon cable and now after bending them out of shape the left eye is half solid black, so still defective. Strange but I don't even think these are the right 3dtv corp U2 glasses cause they look totally different from what they show you will get and they would work on nvidia 3d computers but there is no polarity switch even not saying so in the booklet.

Honestly though these glasses are way crappier than nvidias and probably only worth like 10 dollars at most compared to nvidias glasses. I guess thats why china has such a good economy cause they reap the rest of the world with their half working products that sell for what seems like a good asking price but the overall product is a disjointed smash together.

Also bad for the people to me at 3dtv corp for transacting products that make them rich and piss off the customers. I won't be buying more glasses from these guys at 3dtvp corp as now and hope they get whats coming to them. What a foolish company.

I may have to laugh a good deal about this and Nephilim, I am not mad at you at all. I was the one who wanted to test these glasses out in the first place so I wanted to make sure on my word that I would not try and deceive you out of money for what seems like poor conduct from 3dtv corp. So I just wanted to be sure not to get in the habit of telling people on mtbs3d forums to open their wallets to unconventional tactics.

i'll just keep these glasses on my back burner, its not like I won't get what I really want. Lawl.

Thanks for bearing with me, its been like almost 3 months with that 3dtv corp nonesense.

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

WEll I am NOT mad but kinda MAd that they did NOT work and turned out to be defective..

If you want some of the money back let me know I will at least refung the Price for the Glasses least I can do.. But it will take some time to get the money into Paypal so let me know. I can Refund the 50 or so bucks foir the cost of the glasses..

The Inverter switch was supposed to also be the ON/Off Switch.. it was in that little paper that came with the glasses.. I guess once the glasses where ON you would press again to inver the Glasses???

Kinda Sucks I had High Hopes for these Glasses and the guy was gonna send me some more Guess Ill right him back and tell him to forget it..
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

It's ok I don't want you to give me any money back. I was the one who found them and recommended them to you and I actually thought they would work right and maybe they will. I just don't think 3ddtv corp sent you the right glasses in the first place and also these glasses I have look to be the 3rd party Nvidia 3dtv corp glasses not the U2 universal 3dv corp glasses.

The only reason to pay around 50-60 dollars for the real nvidia universal U2 glasses would be for the polarity switch. And if 3dtv corp ain't sending them to their customers then I don't think theres a real point in ordering from them. And also with their lack of quality control on sending defective glasses.

So it might be worth it to get glasses from 3dtv corp, but it might turn out to be more of a hastle than its worth.

I'm also gonna be getting an extra 400 a month starting april, so I'll have enough money to get some other glasses. Don't be to mad nephilim, i'm letting it go. We can just say that this 3dtv corp to people is a kinda Rippy off company with bad quality control.

Cyberia on Youtube

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK Dom Thank you and hopefully we can find solutions to our Setups.. I am trying to save for some NEw 120HZ 3D Certified Projectors but these works so well.. I hate just getting rid of stuff when it works you know??
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Yes, I only wanted a 3d ready projector cause then I could play some 3d ready games with my xbox controller and watch blu-ray 3d movies properly. I still need to buy a 3dtv, maybe this summer. I been watching alot of tv on my projector and my bulb will burn to much if I continue watching it possibly 9 hours a day or so.

I still want to build an old school nvidia 3d setup but I already have 6 computers and adding another one is kind of not likely atm.

I also need like 4 pairs of nvidia glasses, I just wish I could buy them in my city stores.

Maybe with windows 8 some of the 3d hardware will be thourhput better with eye swap.

Cyberia on Youtube

iondrive
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by iondrive »

Hi The_Nephilim and Dom,

(I just had to google Nephilim, ha)

I wonder if either of you is willing to try a registry tweak. If so, then use your registry editor and go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D] and set GlassesSwitchDelay to 27 decimal and see if that causes parallax inversion. Reset this to 0 when done testing just to be on the safe side. It worked with old-school drivers but was not really usable for me because it had frequent shuttering irregularities (the hiccups) and so I sort of doubt that it will work for you but it might be worth a try. More info on it here (search page for "parallax inversion"):
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3355

I don't have 3dVIsion so I can't test it myself.

So Neph, you have wired glasses now? What is the connector like. If the glasses are simple then you can use a hardware fix:
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4661

good luck,

--- iondrive ---
Last edited by iondrive on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

well I tried your Fix Ion but it did not appear to do anything :(

I am still using the Wireless Glasses at the moment.. I had thought that the Wired glasses would fix the Parralex inversion?? I am not sure if it will or not but worth a shot..

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”