Getting 3D Channels on my Setup??

The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Getting 3D Channels on my Setup??

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey all,

I had bought a Cento TV Tuner to try and get the 3D channels on TV on my PC with my Custom setup but I dont think it is gonna work?? Here is a little list of my Setup:

1. Cento infiniTV 4 TV Tuner..
2. Sharp XR10XL DLP PRojectors VGA Connectors.. works in 3D with Blu ray 3D and Gaming 3D...
3. eVGA 480GTX 2 with 285.65 drivers..

Now I think this time with Cable 3D I am going to need a HDMI or DVI connection to get this working?? I am not sure but when I put the 3D channel on it was 2 images and I could NOT enable Stereo with the Hotkeys??

IT did say in the Cento FAQ that this TV Tuner Supports 3D TV And I may need to enable the Stereo in the Display manually?? Now with these Projectors this is NOT possible as there is NO Option to enable like in a 3D HDTV..

So would there be any way to get 3D Cable TV working on my VGA DLP Projector setup??
Anyone have any ideas on what to try?? IT is almost working just need to find out how to enable the S3D??
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Getting 3D Channels on my Setup??

Post by cybereality »

Hmm.. not sure really. 3D broadcast TV usually uses frame-compatible formats like side-by-side or over-under. Meaning that to see it in 3D, the display needs to have a special mode to support this. This is in the HDMI 1.4a spec, so most every modern HDTVs that support 3D will have this mode. Some newer projectors, like the Optoma GT750 that I have, also have these modes.

You may be able to use a converter, like the Optoma 3D-XL ( http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-3D-XL-Conv ... B0047ZH3CW ). However, its so expensive its almost not worth it. That GT750 I got on sale for $600 and its a full 720P HDMI 1.4a projector. Also, not sure how that would fit in a triple-head setup. Hope that helps.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

After reading this I was thinking perhaps I would be able to activate the S3D with the ED Activator.. it has a Over under and I can activate the Stereo that way??

IT might work but currently I am having some issues with the Cento unit.. I had emailed Cento so hopefully they will have a fix for my user caused problem..

It just might work if I can use the ED Activator to turn the Stereo on for the 3D TV Channel//
Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1 GHZ / ASRock Phantom 4 AC/4 Z590 Motherboard / G. SKILL Trident Z 64GB - 4000mhz / eVGA 2080Ti 11gb / SoundBlaster Z / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Cougar / Thrustmaster MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2 / :shutter
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Not sure exactly what you require, but if the 3DXL will help, maybe that cheap chinese converter I found on dealextreme will help you as well. Only cost like $65 I think.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1080p-hdmi ... 210?item=1

Some better specs for it were posted here:

http://club.dx.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.1083160
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

WiredEarp wrote:Not sure exactly what you require, but if the 3DXL will help, maybe that cheap chinese converter I found on dealextreme will help you as well. Only cost like $65 I think.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/1080p-hdmi ... 210?item=1

Some better specs for it were posted here:

http://club.dx.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.1083160
Looks interesting, but it doesn't seem like it converts SBS to frame-sequential, which is what Nephilim needs.
WiredEarp
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by WiredEarp »

Ah yeah, I see now it does 2D to frame sequential, but doesn't say it does SBS to frame sequential. Shame, because it also does SBS to anaglyph, so you'd think they'd should have the hardware there to implement it.

I reckon within a few months its likely you might see one to do that as well, amazing how fast stuff is coming down in price with the big push from 3DTV sales.
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK I have a issue.. I have it all setup and am unable to see any channels.. I am in contact withe Ceton and they said I need to do this to get it working but when I click OK My PC Locks up and I have to do a Hard Reset and boot into Safe mode to undo that change or I am unable to Boot into Windows..

Here is the fix I need to do as described by Ceton Support but it is NOT working:

The diagnostic capture is reporting that the bridging support for the infiniTV has been reset. To fix this, please click start, type Device Manager, open Device Manager, expand the Network adapters section, right click the Ceton InfiniTV adapter, select Properties, move to the Advanced tab, select Support Bridging in the left side window, select Yes in the right hand drop down window and click OK. This should get you back up and operational.

That is what I need to do to get my problem fixed but Windows is NOT cooperating?? any ideas why it makes Windows Lock up and not able to boot?? I need a Fix for a Fix CRAP Figures just my luck..
The_Nephilim
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by The_Nephilim »

I just received an Email from Centon they want me to RMA the card

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”