At present this is only for the vista/7 64 bit driver.
EDIT: I forgot to mention please report your success using this mod, as well as if OpenGL works for you as I'de really like to to use some quad buffer apps if they didn't all crash!
So finally, after being screwed around trying to get 3d working for ages and continually shafted, I'll spare you the details. I managed to get it all working.
This thread is either for people with an 8800gtx/gt who want quad buffer OpenGL or users with <8800gtx that want to use 3d Vision and got shafted by NVidia. This includes users of the ever so popular m1530 (containing an 8600gt) of which I am an owner, but the m1530 doesn't contain dualdvi so don't go buying a monitor only to find it doesn't work!!
The caveats, your OpenGL will be incredibly unstable (but manages to work with 3d picture viewers in QB but otherwise useless) unless you reinstall the old drivers.
Steps to get it all working (this is a Quadro softmod, for those of you that didn't figure it out) your going to need reboot between almost every step I'de think.
1) Download the required quadro driver. http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-win ... river.html
2) Install RivaTuner http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163
(i'm using 2.24c)
3) Save the following patch script to a file called "geforce8xxx3dvision.gts"
; NVSoftQuadroX patchscript by Styler - for XP 64bit Quadro softmods
; based on gellmaR (email@example.com) patchscript
; vista fix - ultrabitch (for 259.57) fiddling by spaman64 (QB working) ;)
; 0x004b1680 FF 96 60 08 00 00 BA 00 10 10 00 48 8B CE 0F BA F0 1F 44 8B C0
; 0x004b1cd0 FF 96 60 08 00 00 BA 00 10 10 00 48 8B CE 0F BA F0 1F 44 8B C0
; 0x004b8cb0 FF 96 60 08 00 00 BA 00 10 10 00 48 8B CE 0F BA F0 1F 44 8B C0
; 0x00498580 BA 84 10 00 00 FF 90 A0 10 00 00 0F BA E0 10
; 0x0018c0c0 FF 96 60 08 00 00 BA 00 10 10 00 48 8B CE 0F BA F0 1F 44 8B C0
; 0x0025f2d0 BA 00 10 10 00 0F BA F0 1F
; 0x00498580 BA 84 10 00 00 FF 93 20 0A 00 00 0F BA E0 10
; 0x004985c0 BA 84 10 00 00 FF 93 20 0A 00 00 0F BA E0 10
; 0x004a42f0 BA 84 10 00 00 FF 93 20 0A 00 00 0F BA E0 10
SrcFile = nvlddmkm.sys
BakFile = nvlddmkm.old
HlpFile = NVSoftQuadroX.rth
MakeCRC = 1
Packed = 1
; common sequence for AntiProtect (64-bit)
Src0 = FF 96 60 08 00 00 BA 00 10 10 00 48 8B CE 0F BA F0 1F 44 8B C0
SCM0 = FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
Dst0 = FF 96 60 08 00 00 BA 00 10 10 00 48 8B CE f9 90 90 90 44 8B c0
DCM0 = 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Num0 = 0
; common sequences for SoftQuadro & NVRC unlocks
Src1 = BA 84 10 00 00 FF 90 A0 10 00 00 0F BA E0 10
SCM1 = FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF
Dst1 = BA 84 10 00 00 FF 90 A0 10 00 00 F9 90 90 90
DCM1 = 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00
Num1 = 1
4) Patch up the driver you downloaded form NVidia with the script you made above
- Extract the driver installer to a folder.
- Find the file geforce8xxx3dvision.gts and right click and execute with RivaTuner.
- Ignore the errors, and browse to find nvlddmkm.sy_ or nvlddmkm.sys and patch it
5) Make sure you can run unsigned drivers (I don't really care how you do it, I use an application called dseo13b.exe)
- You will need to sign the patched nvlddmkm.sys file yourself in order for it to run
- You will probably need to reboot somewhere in here to get into windows test mode so you can run unsigned drivers
- Running unsigned drivers in test mode means you shouldn't have the ability to run Digital Rights Managed - DRM (?) content so be aware.
6) Install NVStrap from within RivaTuner
- Open it up (Main -> Target Adapter -> Customize -> Low Level Adapter Settings)
- PCI Device ID Settings - Custom, Use ROM Straps for PCI DevID Programming,
- Find your equivalent quadro model based on the chipset (For my 8600gt I'm using the FX 1700).
7) Reboot then whipe out your existing driver by uninstalling, then afterwards make sure everything is removed. (this can include crap that sits around in System32\DriverStore\FileRepository which is a pain in the ass to remove, i had to use some TakeOwnership.zip tool to own the files, before i could remove them)
8) Reboot then install the damn patched driver!
9) Go into NVidia Control Panel
- See Stereoscopic 3D (you should be able to set it to CRT mode too!)
- Under Manage 3d Settings you have 3 Stereo options (relating to quad buffer opengl - which works only for watching movies and viewing pictures on my pc)
- Stereo - Display Mode: Generic Active Stereo (with NVIDIA IR Emitter) (the setting I use)
- Stereo - Enable: On/Off
- Stereo - Swap Eyes: On/Off
I'm happy to try and help a little with this thread, but I think a lot of the steps are difficult, especially running unsigned drivers can be really tricky, also the stupid vista driverstore is a pita, so I wish you all the best getting it to work.
I've attached a zip file with some tools I used, I haven't virus scanned it or anything so please try and download from the original sources before resorting to the zip.
The following thread offered some inspiration and the original quadro softmod patch http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php ... ost3702250