GeForce OpenGL stereo working in 3D Vision 314.07?!

ctrlaltdavid
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: GeForce OpenGL stereo working in 3D Vision 314.07?!

Post by ctrlaltdavid »

I'm not familiar with Maya but ... Assuming it's using OpenGL quad buffered stereo then on GeForce I would expect it to work if Maya is running full-screen. Note: Full screen, not just a maximized window.

P.S. I have had one report of GeForce stereoscopic 3D OpenGL working in windows (i.e., not fullscreen) on Windows 8.1 but details were a bit sketchy.
Reaversword
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Reaversword »

Yep, that's it. Maximized is not Full Screen, but combinations like Alt+Enter doesn't works. In really, there is no way to get Autodesk Maya in "Full Screen Mode".

If someone wants to try, just in visor menu, go to Panels>Stereo>Create Stereo Camera, and then, in the same visor menu will appear another menu, "stereo", where we should find "active" option available.

I remember long time ago to have been trying it, but no lucky for me.

I remember have found "Stereoscopic Player" (http://www.3dtv.at/Index_en.aspx), the only video visor capable to use Nvidia3dVision in window mode, but I'm afraid it will not work through OpenGL, althought I don't know in really...
foobarbecue
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by foobarbecue »

Just tried it with a GTX750Ti and ASUS PG278Q monitor. There's no 3D, even if I set 3D to be "always on." Would really like to get my OpenGL apps working in 3d...
foobarbecue
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by foobarbecue »

Well, despite it being "intentional," it was "likely a mistake."
Hello Aaron,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer care.

My name is Yugendar and I will be assisting with your query.

From the email description, I understand that you would like to know about the Quad buffer 3D application for GTX series.

Please be assured that I will do my best to help you.

GeForce GTX series graphics card is not Quad Buffer OpenGL Ready. For Quad Buffer 3D Application, we need the NVIDIA Quadro based graphics card. Please visit the link below for more information:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro_pro ... oards.html

Please get in touch with us, if you need further assistance and I would be happy to help you.

Best Regards,
Yugendar
NVIDIA Customer Care
biospud
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by biospud »

EDIT: I probably spoke too soon. Full-screen 120Hz OpenGL quad buffered stereo on consumer cards is still working for me with (recent) nvidia driver version 347.88. I had received a report that it was not working, so I jumped to conclusions. It would appear this functionality is still working, two years after driver 314.07 brought us this nice capability.
Matthew
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Matthew »

I've been using OpenGL quad buffering with nVidia 3D Vision 2 since I got nVidia 3D Vision 2 and an ASUS VG278HE monitor last August.

It works, although it is severely limited. It only works in fullscreen exclusive mode. The application does not have to enter fullscreen exclusive mode itself -- 3D Vision will automatically enter that mode when the window is shown. But it will only work if the window is set up a certain way. I have only gotten it to work with code I've written.

It works on all versions of Windows that 3D Vision supports. But it has these same limitations even in Windows 8+ -- which it should support windowed mode for, because Windows 8+ has native support for stereoscopic 3D.

I'm using Windows 8.1.
Matthew
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Matthew »

It's stopped working with Windows 10. I hope nVidia fixes this, and that they aren't just ending support for it.

EDIT: It now is working again.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”