- Category: Vireio Perception News
- Published on Saturday, 04 June 2016 09:41
- Written by Neil Schneider
HTC Vive owners rejoice! Vireio Perception 4.0 Alpha 2 is out, and we have proudly added room scale support for Fallout 4. Mark your calendars for June 4, 2016 as the day that a VR driver released room scale support in VR for games that were never designed for that purpose. This is HISTORY!
Here are the highlights:
- Full OpenVR (HTC Vive) room scale support. Game profile "Fallout4_OpenVR_x64" adds X+Z positional tracking.
- Game profile "Fallout4_OpenVR_x64_experimental_Y_tracking" adds X+Z and experimental matrix modification Y positional tracking.
- HUD manipulation for VR mode has been FIXED. There is a special secondary HUD for OpenVR users, but it's still not flawless.
- SteamVR virtual game screen overlay can be activated on the dashboard.
- OpenVR fully customizable "VireioPerception_OpenVR.ini" file is automatically created in the game folder.
- ADDED Steam prediction model support
- ADDED Vireio Perception predicted tracking solution for both Oculus and OSVR solutions
- Improved Fallout 4 profile quality. More work is needed.
- Slight delay added to both Oculus and OSVR tracker to resolve some problems reported by users in official Vireio Perception forums.
- This is an Alpha and we didn't have time to implement everything we wanted to. It's going to get better!
- HTC Vive will temporarily have a superior experience to the Oculus Rift CV1 because of the time constraints in getting this alpha out.
- AMD Radeon has a compatibility advantage with Vireio Perception. We need to improve our Nvidia testing equipment to accelerate the bug fixing process - lack of equipment has been slowing us down as there is a bug or two that we think is unique to Nvidia GPUs.
SFbBox by κατασκευη eshop
Vireio .@Vireio Perception 4.0 Alpha 3 is out! #VireioPerception #VR #VirtualReality https://t.co/6kMR2YnT8r https://t.co/oSn4mcPE9T
Vireio RT @GetImmersed: Early bird tickets on sale now for a limited time only! Get your ticket today! #Immersed2016 #VR #AR #VirtualReality https…
Vireio @alexbdavies @MTBS3D #Fallout4VR must be MUCH better than #Vireio by 2017. #Vireio getting diverse DX9/DX11 game support. FO4 was practice.