- Category: Vireio Perception News
- Published on Friday, 04 July 2014 17:58
- Written by Neil Schneider
This is really long overdue! The MTBS team is pleased to reveal the latest version of Vireio Perception. However, this isn't just about releasing a new driver, it's about launching a new driver community.
For those unfamiliar, Vireio Perception are VR drivers that let you take existing games, and play them with VR devices like the Oculus Rift. It's not as good as a true native implementation, but we can get pretty darned close at times. These drivers are free, open source, and put together by volunteers. Every helping hand is welcome.
First the driver:
- Game Image Resizing possible with CTRL-Mouse Wheel or CTRL + / - for stepped output.
- VR Mouse Toggle creates a second mouse pointer for accurate HUD pointing (CTRL-NumPad 0)
- Image Offset / IPD Compensation with CTRL-SHIFT-Mouse Wheel
- VR Boost Toggle button with user defined key.
- RiftUp Add-on Support (precursor to Oculus Rift DK2 Support). Allows HD output from Vireio Perception.